PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Sisters of Battle League List

Elfy
05-06-2012, 12:08 PM
We have a new 1750 point league starting up in just a few minutes. Below is the list I'm going with:

1750 Sisters of Battle league list:
(360 + 760 + 630 = ) 1750

HQ (245 + 115 =) 360

Uriah Jocoobus, Protector of the Faith
Battle Conclave (5x Death Cult Assassins; 3x Crusader)
Rhino

Saint Celestine

Troops (190 x 4 =) 760

Battle Sister Squad (2x Meltagun, 7x Boltguns, Sister Superior w/Bolt Pistol and CombiMelta)
Rhino

Battle Sister Squad (2x Meltagun, 7x Boltguns, Sister Superior w/Bolt Pistol and CombiMelta)
Rhino

Rhino

Rhino

Fast Attack (210 x 3 =) 630

Dominion Squad (2x Flamer, 2x Meltagun, 5x Boltguns, Sister Superior w/Bolt Pistol and CombiMelta)
Rhino

Dominion Squad (2x Flamer, 2x Meltagun, 5x Boltguns, Sister Superior w/Bolt Pistol and CombiMelta)
Rhino

Rhino

Strategy:

Basically, I plan to rush my Rhinos across the field as fast as possible, jump out when in range, and melta, bolter, and flamer the crap out of everything I can. 14 Meltaguns, 7 CombiMeltas, 6 Flamers, 1 Heavy Flamer, 6 power weapons, and 80 bodies.

Elfy
05-06-2012, 08:22 PM
In my league game I blew through the Tau Empire player’s army. I tabled my opponent in a very one-sided game (all his army was completely destroyed by turn 5A except for a single Pathfinder who died on turn 6A). As far as I can remember, he had that stealth suit commander chick, a crisis suit HQ commander, 2 other squads with 2 crisis suits each, 2 hammerheads with railguns and smart missiles, 2 broadside suits with railguns, a devilfish transport and Pathfinder squad, 2 squads of kroot and hounds, a squad of fire warriors, and a squad of gun drones.

I won deployment and my opponent failed to steal initiative so I rushed across the battlefield. On turn 1 I rushed my Rhinos forward and popped smoke and was in his face by turn 2A to unleash meltaguns, flamers, and boltergun fire. Saint Celestine assaulted a squad of Kroot and hounds while Dominion squad flamers went on the other Kroot squad. Meltagun teams blew away every Crisis suit or trooper squad in range. Turn 3A I was on his Hammerheads with Meltagun teams and turn 4A they were on his Broadsides. My Assassins blew through a line of Gun Drones he put in their way to slow them down. There was hardly anything left of the Tau Empire army after turn 4A. Turn 5A was just clean up with only a single Pathfinder remaining to be killed by turn 6A.

I’m currently in 2nd place and it looks like I’ll be facing off against the number one league player next time. Oddly he chose to go with Space Marines this league rather than his usually Blood Angels or Space Wolfs. Didn’t seem to matter much--he blew his Grey Knights opponent away (who was running a Draigowing).

thecactusman17
05-07-2012, 01:10 PM
People don't give sisters enough credit, though in fairness Tau is a very tough army to play right now.

Kind of shocked at the lack of Heavy Flamers in your list--they do a LOT of damage to infantry (not as much as they used to, but still).

If there was anything i would suggest, it might be running a unit of Retributors--perhaps by removing the extra bolters from your dominion squads? Giving them Rending has made the unit very impressive at range with Heavy Bolters. you can even give them a bunch of heavy flamers, roll up to a unit, and annihilate it in one round of shooting with a good faith roll.

Elfy
05-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Heavy Flamers are really expensive. If I recall correctly, mathmatically 2 Flamers are as good or better than 1 Heavy Flamer offensively against Toughness 5 or weaker targets. Also Dominion squads cannot take Heavy Flamers--only regular Flamers. Their Faith makes them twin-linked though--which is pretty nasty. Rending Heavy Flamers are nasty too though, yep.

I've used Heavy Bolter Retributor squads many times before--definately useful to lay down some good ranged anti-infantry fire. I wanted to try an 'in your face' style of Sisters of Battle army this time so I put everything into Rhinos and meltagun squads.

I was confident I would defeat the Tau Empire player. My match up against the Space Marines player will be a more difficult fight though because that player has won nearly every league in the past (placed first all but two leagues out of like 8 or so).

thecactusman17
05-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Heavy Flamers essentially take your wound output and add about half again to any target units at T5 or less. More than worth the investment. They just lost the awesome pseudo-rend from the previous codex, but the unit cost after working in the Faithful character previously is almost identical. It's hardly a significant loss.