PDA

View Full Version : ... Grey Knight List, hoping to be something different?

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Well... Yeah I know the consensus are Grey Knights are too good, and I agree. However, I feel they can still be fun for both sides. So I decided to do a fluffy list :D. One thousand five hundred point list in coming (well 1505 points)

HQ
Mordrak (6 Ghost Knights)

Brotherhood Champion

TROOPS
7 Terminators, Justicar Thawne, 2x Psycannons (3x Halberd, 3x Sword, 1 Hammer)

7 Terminators, 1 Psycannon (4x Sword, 1 Halberd, 2x Hammer)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dread: Assault Cannon, Stormbolter, Fist, Psybolts

Dread: Assault Cannon, Stormbolter, Fist, Psybolts

Plan for this list would be: Mordrak and his Ghosts Deepstrike in first turn, with the Dual Psycannon Terminators on an objective (if possible), while probably taking Outflank with Mordraks Master of Strategy. If I get a 6 I'd outflank the 2nd Terminator unit and the 2 Dreadnought, if not.. I'll leave whatever I cant outflank back at home. The Outflankers will have the Brotherhood champion, to work as the awesome enhancer unit he is :).

Effectively this list can be powerful, and it's a shame I cant deepstrike the Brotherhood champion to make the Bodyguard go with Mordrak... But ahh well :D.

So what do people think, effective but still fun to play/play against or over powered?

Prison Love
05-07-2012, 07:19 PM
You can only have 1-5 ghost knights & IMO normal termies are meh.

celestialatc
05-07-2012, 08:28 PM
You can't have 2 psycannons in a 7 man terminator squad. You only get one special weapon every 5 guys. You need 10 to have 2 psycannons. If it was a paladin squad, it would be legal.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
05-08-2012, 12:24 AM
The Ghost Knights being over is fine, mainly on the grounds of friendly fights :). Terminators are Terminators, and very much fit a fluffy knight list. :D

Thank Celestialatc, I had completly forgotten that restriction, as I never field more than one Psycannon, so Danke... I will have to think what to do with that O.o. But yeah gives me 20 points to play with. Might dump Psybolts on Thawnes unit :)