PDA

View Full Version : Hard problems with DA list vs IG [750pts]

LadyofGears
05-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi! This is my first post here and I’ve been having problems beating a 750 guard list (witch ironically I built), with my Dark Angels. I must admit I’m not a terribly experienced player, and would like whatever help that you can give me.

The IG list-
HQ- CCS (Commander has a Boltgun, Sniper Rifle x2, Autocannon)
TROOPS- Infantry Platoon
-PCS (Flamer, GL)
-IS
-IS
-HWS (Autocannon x3)
Troops- Veteran Squad (sgt-bolt pistol, Metagun x 3, Chimera w/Heavy Stubber)
Heavy-Basilisk
Heavy-Leman Russ (HB sponsons)

They tend to castle the list in a corner protected but as much terrain as they can get in start up, and hide the chimera somewhere else to capture points of run out a IS late game.

My old list-
HQ- Interrogator-Chaplain (Bike)
Troops- 10-man Tactical Squad (sgt-PW, Metagun, rhino)
Troops-10-man Tactical Squad (Lascannon)
Fast- Ravenwing Attack Squad (sgt-PWm Flamer, AB w/ meta)

I spilt the lascannon squad in two sticking the LC in as much cover as I could get and used the other half to take a easy objective.

New list
HQ- Chapter Master (PW, Storm Bolter*, JP)
Elites-Dreadnought (Twin-linked LC, ML)
Troops- 5-Tactical Squad (rhino, metagun)
Troops- 5-Tactical Squad (Flamer)
Fast- 5-man Assault Squad (sqt w/ PF)
Fast-Ravenwing Support Squadron (1 landspeeder w/ typhoon)
*the DA codex stills says “take” not “replace” when it comes to storm bolters so he still get the CC pistol bonus.

I don’t really like this list because it only has ten scoring models but I can’t really think of anything else. My plan is to fly forward with the AS+CM to engage them in hand to hand while the landerspeeder goes anti-infantry and light vehicles (hopefully on their side armor. And the TS just try and stay alive, I hope the next DA codex has scouts as troops.

Thanks

Tynskel
05-10-2012, 09:30 PM
packed a lot of stuff in that 750!

have you thought about a Deathwing Squad?

LadyofGears
05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I tried something close to the "old" list with 5 terminators (2 LC, 3 TH/SS) by cutting out the bikes. it I deep striked then I get hit but 40ish las shots and autocannon fire and in the chimeras nere by then they shot as well. I thought about devastators but I don't think I can out fire them (though I must admit I normal like shooty types).

Tynskel
05-12-2012, 07:10 AM
you should get a mortis dread.
switch the chapter master for a jump pack chaplain.
get a flamer in the assault squad. if you can, bump them up to 10 marines. (or as many as possible).

The other option is to get the ravenwing and outflank.

LadyofGears
05-12-2012, 01:56 PM
you should get a mortis dread.
switch the chapter master for a jump pack chaplain.
get a flamer in the assault squad. if you can, bump them up to 10 marines. (or as many as possible).

The other option is to get the ravenwing and outflank.

I see what I can do with the chaplain, but sadly Codex:DA can't take flamers on their Assault sqauds.

Tynskel
05-12-2012, 03:20 PM
oh, that's right. I forgot.
well then.

The chaplain's nice to make the assault marines fearless.

Master Belial is pretty nice- 130 points. With a deathwing squad, and an apothecary, that'll take care of the lasgun shots problem. on average, you would need 72 lasgun shots to put out a successful wound on FNP Terminators. Give Beliel a Storm Shield, and a couple of others Storm Shields, you can absorb the melta/plasma fire. Maybe take a hv flamer w/chainfist?

That'll give you ~350 points to spend on other stuff. plus the terminators are troops, so you can just pick up a 10 man tactical squad in a rhino. Then spend the rest on stuff to buff the rest of your army-- like a mortis dread, or a vindicator.

LadyofGears
05-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks I'll try that.

Anggul
05-19-2012, 03:27 AM
If you aren't using the Dark Angels' unique stuff, then there's absolutely no point in using their codex, you ought as well use the normal Space Marines one. It would be pretty much exactly the same, and you would be paying less points. There really is no point in using that codex if you aren't even using any Dark Angel specific stuff, you're just paying more for no reason.