PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War Army Book Play Test Version 1

BilboBaggins
09-22-2009, 06:26 PM
It's Here.

After months of arguing, pouting, finger pointing and second guessing we have finally finished the Army Book for release.

You can get it by clicking the link below.

Dogs of War Army Book Play Test Version 1. (http://www.4shared.com/file/134343889/67e98f37/Warhammer_Armies_-_Dogs_of_War_-_Play_Test_Version_1.html)

If you use the list please contact us with comments, errors (spelling/grammar/layout) game results, how the units fared against similar pointed units, what your opponent thought about the list.

Remember this is the first play test version of the list. For those who don't think they want to play a Dogs of War Army there are all the Regiments of Renown for those who want to try out those units in your armies.

We need as much data on this army list to make the army balanced Not a push over but also not over powered. All comments will be heard and after revisions made it is possible version 2 for play testing will be released in January. We are taking our time in play testing to make sure that the data isn't thrown off by a few good or bad games.

Please send all comments to [email protected].

JuiceSpringsteen!
09-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Aww man this is sweet, Leonardo is awsome. There was a formatting error, the entire Rare section was rearranged to that the rules and equipment were not next to the actual unit entries. other than that i say to thee: freakin sweet!

BilboBaggins
09-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Aww man this is sweet, Leonardo is awsome. There was a formatting error, the entire Rare section was rearranged to that the rules and equipment were not next to the actual unit entries. other than that i say to thee: freakin sweet!

The problems when using unpaid proof readers. :D That will be fixed in the second release of the list. Going to make all the listings identical in style. 4 days and little sleep and the layout starts going nuts. :D

JuiceSpringsteen!
09-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Damn those unpaid interns! Its not really that serious, the rules are all there, just a little jumbled. I just reread it, and I was too gloss-eyed over Leonardo to realize how cool the War Academy is, because I really can't think of any other army that has abilities that are semi common throughout the army and that actually change how a game is played. I was also suprised that, in the fluff Borgio the besieger was loved by his peoples, because in real life, Caesare Brogia, the guy he was based on, was a real cold and ruthless a$$hole. Amazing rennisance stuff, Bilbo. My hats off to you.

Faultie
09-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Why can't the Galloper gun March Move? Was it too much, so you decided to tone-it-down from its official rules?

It can't fire and March anyway, so a single March is the equivalent of 2 turns of moving for only 1 turn of firing (instead of 2 turns moving, 2 turns firing). I think you should give it back, but I'll get some playtesting in before I say more.

Also: I understand that the cannons are 15pts cheaper, but S5 instead of S7? Pump them back up to 100pts and make them S7 again, please. You generally take cannons to hurt big things from afar. This iteration of the gun has to get close, and can't hurt them anyway. Hmmm...

As said, I'll playtest before commenting further, but those are my first notes.

BilboBaggins
09-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Trust us, S5 that doesn't lose strength on the flanks are powerful. Try it and let us know at the email address.

Faultie
09-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I understand that shooting into flanks at S5 is great. But if I'm shooting a dragon, steamtank, etc., I'd like a reasonable chance of wounding, especially in exchange for a Rare slot.

This new Galloper Gun is obviously for a very different role. It can't run, and it's S5. It's not a "trust" issue at all. It's a utility issue.