PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos 2000 point list! Come pull it apart for me!

Chimi
05-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Heya, all, I'm looking at expanding beyond my Skaven to Warriors of Chaos, and luckily my FLGS is having a Slow-Grow Paint & Play starting next month and running till the end of the year!

Cash is a concern for me, so this is pretty simple, a couple big blocks of troops and some cav, with room to expand later as things catch my eye:

Lords:
Sorcerer Lord (3)
4+ Ward Amulet
280 pts.

Heroes:
Exalted Hero
Shield
Warhorse
Mark of Nurgle
Soporific Musk
Rending Sword
201 pts.

Exalted Hero
Battle Standard
Shield
Mark of Nurgle
160 pts.

Core:
25 Warriors
Shields
Command
MoN

30 Marauders
Flails
Mark of Khorne
Command

11 Marauder Horsemen
Flails
MoK
Command
214 pts.

Special:
10 Knights
Command
MoN
480 pts

Comes to 1995 points.

Alex the Everchosen
08-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Why so much nurgle? I mean he's very good, but I prefer tzeentch and banner of rage for my army. It significantly increases damage And makes you more bulky. I'd also say khorne for knights. Drop one of the heroes, they're really not necessary, upgrade the wizard to level 4, and give him a mark (unless you have a specific lore in mind, I favour tzeentch) I hope this helps ;)

Chronowraith
08-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Both MoT and Banner of Rage are great on their own or sprinkled throughout the army but they don't work well together.

Banner of Rage nullifies the best part of Mark of Tzeentch (i.e. giving them a 5+ Parry save) since frenzied units can't parry. You'd still get the 6+ Ward save but that's pricey for only a 6+ given that sword and board units have that already for free.