5x Kabalite Warriors +Blaster +Venom +Splinter Cannon

# Heavy Support
Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

Yep, pretty standard venom spam for the most part. Mostly I'm looking for thoughts on the Incubi/Archon unit. I'm looking for a decent counter assault squad that can clean up left over 5 man power armour squads and maybe even threaten 10 man squads when i have the charge. 3 incubi and 2 agoniser archons should manage that, while having the two blasters in there (at bs7) makes up for losing 3 bs4 blasterborn. It seems the most balanced choise for the tasks I want them to do.

My alternative thought was to take 3 blasterborn in place of the incubi, then swap one of the troop warrior squads to 3 wracks in a vemon. Add lilith and a haemonc in place of the archons and i have a scoring unit that's decent on the charge (lilith will start with furious charge and fnp due to the two pain tokens). My concern with that unit tho is that it'll just get boltered into the floor when they get out of combat. The 2+ and 3+ (with fnp to come) in the archon/icubi squad is a lot more sturdy than 6+/fnp.

Thoughts are very welcome, I'm a relatively new DE player, but have has reasonable success with this kind of high redundancy DE list.

eris
05-30-2012, 05:55 PM
I've had a slight reshuffle to squeeze in a little extra. That's left me with a list that looks like this:

# HQs
Archon +Blaster +Venom Blade
Haemonculus

# Elites
3x Trueborn +3 Blasters +Venom +Splinter Cannon

# Troops
3x Wracks +Venom +Splinter Cannon

# Fast Attack
3x Beast Masters +4x Khymerae +4x Razorwing Flocks

# Heavy Support
Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

I keep the full compliment of lances (9 DL, 15 Blasters) but gain 2 'ok' assault units.
The 3 Wracks, Haemonc and Archon run together, meaning they start with 2 pain tokens (FNP, FC) so they're i5 or more on the charge, as well as s4 meaning all those failed poison wounds are rerolled vs MEQ. Not amazing, but should mop up MSU marines while providing a bs7 blaster and being a scoring unit.

The 2nd assault unit is obviously the beat pack. I've had varying success with these in few games I've played with them, mostly they seem to be a great distraction unit. They will mop up MSU MEQ even threaten bigger groups and have killed termie units for me. Their greatest strength seems to be the opponent's general unpreparedness for them. I guess they don't really get seen that much so the wound allocation tricks within the squad tend to distract and get opponents second guessing their initial plan for dealing with them.

I'm leaning towards this list as the stronger. It lacks the resiliant slaughtering power of the incubi and dual 2++ archons, but maintains the redundancy, maximises the blasters, can deal with left over MSU and has a slight wild card in the beast pack.