PDA

View Full Version : The Dabuek dynasty scjool league list

commissar camenzuli
05-20-2012, 03:33 PM
i recently posted on my blog about my new dynasty, so have wrote a list. and here is is:
HQ Daniel the stormlord (immotekh renamed) with a royal court of bob the lord with a res orb
TROOPS two 10 man warrior squads
FAST ATTACK three scarab swarms
i could replace stormlird with daniel the infinite (really trazyn) but havent. i would love to here your ideas and comments so please post on this

Sam
05-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Not much to comment on, really. I'm assuming this is the entirety of your Necron collection.

The only time I run Warriors is in squads of 15-20 led by a Phaeron and given a Cryptek with some manner of assault protection. Other than that I stick to Immortals.

The Stormlord never works out as well as I hope he will. Haven't tried Trazyn yet, but he seems interesting and is tied with Varguard Obyron as my favorite HQ model for Necrons.

As a rule, I dislike Scarabs. Not because I think they're bad, but because I think they are one of the most imbalanced units in the game. That said, if you want to take them 3 without Spyders won't do anything but draw just enough fire to kill them.

In short, you need more models to make a functional army.

commissar camenzuli
06-10-2012, 10:40 AM
You point about immotekh i disagree with, as his lightning proved very useful in a game of mine that is available as a bat-rep on you tube (soon to be added to my already posted ones on the channel danielc194) against chaos.well i came up with some new concepts for some lists:
HQ immotekh the stormlord Orikan the diviner
TROOPS 5 man immortal squad
5 man warrior squad
FAST ATTACK 3 scarab swarms
or this list:
HQ immotekh
TROOPS 2 5 man warrior squads
ELITES 5 man lychguard with hyperphase swords and dispersion shields
both these lists equal 600 points or near enough, and they play well and hardly ever lose. please let me know your comments on these lists and maybe tell me a good list that i could use instead

Sam
06-10-2012, 12:40 PM
My personal opinion: I think at that point level your are spending too much on HQ's in the first list and that Lychguard are too expensive in such a small army.

In a roughly 600pts army I would do something like this:

HQ - Overlord w/ res orb & phaeron

Troops - 8x Immortals w/ gauss blasters

8x Immortals w/ tesla carbines

Fast - 3x Tomb Blades w/ particle beamer

3x Tomb Blades w/ particle beamer

Or if you are worried about vehicles (IG can bring all kinds of nastiness at 500-750) drop the particle beamers of the tomb blades, take a third squad of them and give them all twin-linked gauss blasters and pray for 6's.

commissar camenzuli
06-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Good idea thanks for the help!

commissar camenzuli
06-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Shame you can only have 1 fast attack or heavy support in tge school league