PDA

View Full Version : Sedition Wars, Get Involved!

TSINI
05-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-wars-battle-for-alabaster) is up on kickstarter, it was fully funded in under six hours. Its been creeping up to $70,000, and already the game has been upgraded with some alternate grunts, some female and helmetless, plus backers at the $100+ range have already been upgraded with 12 extra grunts.

The game is by Studio Mcvey, the company of Mike Mcvey who is famous for having worked with many well known miniature and game companies, GW included.

The troops have a kind of halo look about them, and the enemy is a nano-virus that takes over and mutates your troops to its own will, very cool looking sculpts. The vanguard troops have been sculpted by Kev White of hasslefree fame, and their posture is excellent, as you would expect from Kev.

If you've seen anything about the Zombicide (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21685) kickstarter, you'll know that things can get crazy with the freebies as the game gets more popular.

So come on, get involved, kickstarter is really a miniatures collector's utopia.

TSINI

wittdooley
05-29-2012, 07:44 AM
The more funding this gets, the more minis we get. Zombiecide ended up getting bloated to nearly 120 miniatures.

Sedition Wars is already at nearly 70 minis. This number will only grow as the the funding increases. Encourage your LGS to pick up one of the retailer packs.

Support Mike McVey. A genuinely nice dude that just wants to make pretty minis and fun games for us to play with.

energongoodie
05-29-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm gonna be cautious and wait to see what the next stretch goal is before I jump on board. I just have too much stuff to paint and too many games to play to buy more stuff. I have neither the time nor the friends. The models do look lovely though.

wittdooley
05-29-2012, 11:46 AM
So we set it up chess-style and I'll play with you via email ;) My Flamer guy to I-17. Firing on your Strain-a-ma-bob in square E-32. :D

energongoodie
05-29-2012, 02:49 PM
So we set it up chess-style and I'll play with you via email ;) My Flamer guy to I-17. Firing on your Strain-a-ma-bob in square E-32. :D

Mate, that sounds great :)
I lost touch with all my games chums when I went to Uni. None of my buddies now are into this stuff at all. I have managed to get one guy to play a bit of Blood Bowl and one guy to play 2 games of Dust tactics. All my work chums are all a bit too cool for school to try and convince to roll some dice.
I've tried hanging around my local GW but I haven't met anyone I get along with.
I'm really jealous of you Americans and yous FLGS stores. When I watch the video battle reports, the shops look amazing and big.

TSINI
05-29-2012, 03:22 PM
yeah the plight of the british independent store is a real bummer, but there are a few. theres one that opened in a nearby town to me, and is doing pretty well AFAIK.
I'm afraid London may be a bit to cool for wargame stores lol.

but i do feel your pain, ive been storing up board games such as super dungeon explore, with no one to play against lol, and ive just plonked for zombicide and sedition wars with no real thought about who might play the game with me lol, ah well, hopefully it'll sort itself out, or i'll start up a youtube channel like "watchitplayed" (i'm enjoying their SDE runthrough at the moment) and play against the general public via votes lol.

energongoodie
06-01-2012, 04:29 AM
120k = 12 more models. It just got interesting.

TSINI, it sounds like we are in similar situations. I bought Space Hulk ( even though I've still got all the original stuff )and played it once. I bought Dreadfleet and I am yet to play. I bought a wodge of FOW and a rule book and I am yet to play. I bought Infinity and some models and I am yet to play. The list goes on. I love painting the stuff and I want to love playing, but I need to find a gaming group near me. Working 8 till 8 with the odd Saturday doesn't help.

Dexietamo
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
thanks, you right have nice day :)

TSINI
06-14-2012, 03:36 AM
The campaign is barely at its halfway mark and the game has raised 1/4 million dollars, were only 5k away from getting an extra hover tank (named Hurley) thrown in on top of the absolute plethora of minis already crammed into the $100 mark.

Get invooooooooolved! :)

Also theres clear (as in transparent plastic) Vanguard and glow in the dark Strain which can be purchased together or separately too.

Euro shipping also comes without customs hassle!!

Daelhoof
06-30-2012, 06:39 AM
What are you confused about?

Also there are only 8 hours left! We're getting close to the end of the campaign.

Biohazard packs so much damn goodness now - nearly 100 really beautiful models from Studio McVey! Excellent bargain for $100-$125 (international) shipping. Plus a host of optional extras include the crew of the Calamity which looks "eerily" like the Firefly crew, and a new Biohazard model that looks like Vin Diesel's Riddick...

TSINI
06-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Mech "heavy lifter" suits available, not to mention a free one with the biohazard pledge!

Not long left!

DarkDesigner
09-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I have a question, I was hoping someone who pledged for the Sedition Wars Kickstarter could help me with it.

Do you know whether the crew of the Calamity will be available for sale once the models are out? They weren't KS only specials were they? Just wondering as I missed it, but would love to get these, especially as Bombshell Babes is making a 'Maelee the Mechanic' figure in their KS.

wittdooley
09-08-2012, 10:16 PM
I beleive they were KS/Convention exclusives. Did you pledge sedition wars?

DarkDesigner
09-09-2012, 06:55 PM
I beleive they were KS/Convention exclusives. Did you pledge sedition wars?

Damn. No, I had to miss it, I was having a lean month. Never mind, some day I might catch a break on eBay or something :) For the moment I'll have to be content with just knowing they exist and the world is a better place for it!

szuhayeva
07-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Getting involved is pretty easy now as you can find the game at a half price almost everywhere