PDA

View Full Version : It came from the Void...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 02:49 AM
So here is my attempt at a Dark Eldar list, it has significantly less Incubi than I would like...

Duke Sliscus, the Serpent - 160
5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom, Night Shields, Chain Snares - 190
5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom, Night Shields, Chain Snares - 190
9 Kabalites, Blaster, Raider, Night Shields, Splinter Racks - 176
5 Wyches, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix, Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades, Venom, Night Shields - 150
5 Wyches, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix, Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades, Venom, Night Shields - 150
Razorwing Jetfighter, Night Shields, Flickerfields - 165

1496 points

Seriously needs work in my opinion, thoughts?

DrLove42
05-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Its good. Although...

Lose the night shields on the venoms and use the points to give them a 2nd cannon. They're carrying CC troops so will be close so night shields might not do anything.

Also get Flickers for the Raider. And maybe give one of them a Cannon, to get a few extra shots at close range and long range to make the most of Sliscus's poison

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 03:39 AM
It's a good suggestion, but you can only take one of those weapons at 10 men... Sucks...

As for the Night Shield for Cannon swap on the Venoms, definitely, I'll do that.

Should I swap the 2 Chain Snares for the Flickerfields on the Raider?

DrLove42
05-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Forgot cannon was 1 for 10...

What do Chains do again? I don't use em and don't remember. Are they the things that give you flyby attacks? Is yes then yes.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Yeah, they are, so I'll do that then.
Here is the list again:

5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom, Night Shields - 185
5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom, Night Shields - 185
9 Kabalites, Blaster, Raider, Night Shields, Splinter Racks, Flickerfields - 186
5 Wyches, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix, Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades, Venom, Splinter Cannon - 150
5 Wyches, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix, Venom Blade, Haywire Grenades, Venom, Splinter Cannon - 150

1496 points

Does this seem better?

alshrive
05-29-2012, 06:20 AM
actually looking like a very viable list. plenty of MSU in there, and they should support each other nicely!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 06:30 AM
I just love Sliscus' unit, when firing a Splinter Weapon it's 3s to hit (re-roll failed hits), and 3s to wound. Is good science!

DrLove42
05-29-2012, 07:07 AM
I run Sliscus in a 20 man unit of Kabalites with 2 cannons and the option to have a hemonculus depending on FNP rolls

At 36" i get 12 shots, 3's followed by 3's
At 24" i get 30 shots, 3's by 3's
At 12 i get 48 shots, 3's by 3's and a S8 on 2's

stick them in cover, 4+ cover save, 4+ FNP and they earn fearless pretty quickly. Great for objectives. Just fear deepstrikers with flamers....

My archon has a trophy case of things that got too close and were completly murdered in one turn...includes a few trygons, demon princes, bloodthirsters....

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Hah, nice!

EDIT: Swapped some things around but left with 50 points!

4 Trueborn, 3 Blasters, Venom, Night Shields - 158
4 Trueborn, 3 Blasters, Venom, Night Shields – 158
4 Trueborn, 3 Blasters, Venom, Night Shields - 158
9 Kabalites, Blaster, Raider, Night Shields, Splinter Racks, Flickerfields - 186

1450 points

DrLove42
05-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Only problem i can see is that you only have 3 troops choices, 2 of which can be killed by a single boltgun shot (shoot down a venom, without FNP those Wyches are gonna lose 50%...and 2 Wyches on foot won't do much).

I'd drop a Razorwing for a Ravager, and use the points saved to make a unit of Warriors to sit at the back. If theres enough, can even give them a lance, and have even more AT, something DE need.

thecactusman17
05-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Drop the unarmed Trueborn from each Venom. Give EVERY venom dual cannons--it's pretty critical. Dual cannons on each venom double your shooting for the cost of an extra unarmed wych, an extra trueborn doesn't change the fact that your trueborn are still going to Ld test after one wound and likely get wiped on any turn of actual shooting or CC.

Personaly, I'm worried about the small size of those Wych squads--not enough to stick, not enough to kill the enemy. But there's really nothing you can do there. Maybe give each one a Shardnet (10 pts) to reduce the number of incoming attacks?

Dr. Love, NEVER drop a Razorwing for a ravager if you are kitted for one--the Razorwing can handle all the threats a Ravager can and more while the Ravager drops in usefulness significantly once the armor is destroyed. In fact, it's slightly under-equipped here: add in a splinter cannon to each, and that way you remain a great threat vs. everything even after you fire all the missiles.

DrLove42
05-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Problem with Shardnet instead f the Hydras is that Hydras can really increase the damage output of a unit. Potentially an extra 5 attacks is good, particularly against the right target or with the right drug roll.

And that 5th Trueborn DOEs help...it means you need to take 2 wounds for a Ld check instead of 1 if theres 4 of you.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 08:38 AM
I think I'll have a rework of the list. I think I prefer the sound of a Haemonculus army to be fair.

eldargal
05-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Shardnet vs Hydras is very much about personal taste. Personally I usually try and have one of each or two squads working together each with two of one or the other.

In my opinion the only reason to take less than ten wyches is when you are taking ten to buy 9 with a character in a raider. 4-5 in a venom just isn't effective in my opinion.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
05-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Hm. Awkward.

EDIT: Would it be better then to change the style of the Kabalite list overall? So have units on foot, varying support in the form of Scourges or Hellions?