PDA

View Full Version : 2k Necron List, no vehicles

Sam
05-29-2012, 08:22 PM
HQ

Khaldun the Inevitable (Trazyn the Infinite)

Varguard Obyron (alternate name pending)

Royal Court: Lord w/ Warscythe & Res Orb, Harbinger of the Storm w/ Lightning Field

Elites

10 Lychguard w/ Hyperphase Swords & Dispersion Shields

Troops

10 Immortals w/ Gauss Blasters

3x 10 Immortals w/ Tesla Carbines

Fast Attack

2x 6 Wraiths w/ no upgrades

Total cost: 1995pts

Khaldun and the Lord go with the Lychguard, Obyron and the Cryptek go with the Gauss Blaster Immortals.

As a general rule, I'm probably going to try to pick a flank and hit it with everything but Obyron and his Immortals who will hop to whatever vehicle I want dead the most each turn until they die. The Wraiths will lead the charge, followed shortly thereafter by the Lychguard, while the Immortals stick to cover as much as possible and blast away from relative safety. Khaldun will hang back a bit in the Lychguard squad so as to control what he fights and what fights him.

Akaiyou
05-29-2012, 09:14 PM
All infantry list is cool and all but dude you have nothing whatsoever to deal with vehicles not even the lychguard. You will get owned by any army with vehicles that can't be easily approached or defeated in cc by S4

I like the idea but i fear you lack balance here bro 10 immortals with gauss blasters are NOT a good way of dealing with vehicles it's just not enough shots and reliance on deep strike for rapid fire range to boost damage on them isn't gonna cut it.

Or is ur local meta very infantry based?

Sam
05-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Local meta tends to be mostly infantry with a few vehicles thrown in for fire support. So far the deep striking Immortals have been pretty reliable at popping a tank a turn, especially with the cryptek. The Wraiths are not exactly slouches at dealing with vehicles, 24 str6 rending attacks should scare most tanks. The Lychguard are str5, so they can threaten most vehicles, even more so with the warscth lord attached.

All that said, anti-tank is definitely a weak point for this list.

Edit: Also I tend to be more risky with my deepstriking squads than most people are, at least around here. I try to drop about 6-8 inches away from whatever I'm trying to kill.

Sam
05-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Fiddled with the list to fit in more anti-tank:

HQ

Khaldun (Trazyn)

Overlord w/ Warscythe, Sempiternal Weave, & Phase Shifter

Royal Court 1: Harbinger of Despair w/ VoD, Harbinger of the Storm w/ Lightning Field, Lord w/ Res Orb &Warscythe

Royal Court 2: Harbinger of Despair w/ VoD & Nightmare Shroud, Harbinger of the Storm w/ Lightning Field

Elites

8 Lychguard w/ swords & shields

Troops

2x 10 Immortals w/ Gauss Blasters

2x 10 Immortals w/ Tesla Carbines

Fast Attack

2x 5 Wraiths w/ no upgrades

Total cost: 2000

The Overlord, Khaldun, and the Lord all go with the Lychguard, one of each type of cryptek in the two blaster squads.

thecactusman17
05-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Aside for my dislike of Tesla carbines, there is nothing terribly wrong with the list. However, enemies that can orange you are going to be nasty, and so are fast moving assault units like hellions, assault marines, and even enemy lychguard.

Vashtek
05-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Fiddled with the list to fit in more anti-tank:

HQ

Khaldun (Trazyn)

Overlord w/ Warscythe, Sempiternal Weave, & Phase Shifter

Royal Court 1: Harbinger of Despair w/ VoD, Harbinger of the Storm w/ Lightning Field, Lord w/ Res Orb &Warscythe

Royal Court 2: Harbinger of Despair w/ VoD & Nightmare Shroud, Harbinger of the Storm w/ Lightning Field

Elites

8 Lychguard w/ swords & shields

Troops

2x 10 Immortals w/ Gauss Blasters

2x 10 Immortals w/ Tesla Carbines

Fast Attack

2x 5 Wraiths w/ no upgrades

Total cost: 2000

The Overlord, Khaldun, and the Lord all go with the Lychguard, one of each type of cryptek in the two blaster squads.

This list looks bad to me. You don't have any way of getting your lychguard into CC, and they will be left behind the wraiths and teleporting immortals. The teleporting immortals seem to be your only way of taking out vehicles, and to do that you need to port within 12". Any sensible opponent will just bubblewrap their vehicles with infantry, or just not care and assault you with the unhurt guys inside after you glance their rhino a couple of times. Wraiths are ok against vehicles, but not anything moving fast.

You will still win some games, as wraiths and immortals are good for their points. The list could be much improved with proper antitank (in the form of lords on barges or destroyers) and support to the immortals with, say, annihilation barges.

alshrive
05-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Aside for my dislike of Tesla carbines, there is nothing terribly wrong with the list. However, enemies that can orange you are going to be nasty, and so are fast moving assault units like hellions, assault marines, and even enemy lychguard.

love the concept, you know when you've been tango'd!

thecactusman17
05-30-2012, 09:40 AM
LOL yeah, I was typing that in my phone and got "corrected."

Sam
05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Ok, this is responding to a couple people, and I'm way to lazy to quote everything.

Enemy Lychguard are not fast moving, that's the problem with Lychguard. You can put them in a fast skimmer, sure, but it'll die and they get tossed into reserves.

That said, I have never had a problem getting my Lychguard into combat, though admittedly my luck with invulnerable save isn't exactly average. Yes the are slower than the Wraiths, the Wraiths are my vanguard. They hit the enemy, then a turn or two later the Lychguard hit the enemy, too.

The only people I've seen bubble wrapping their tanks with infantry are IG, everyone else wants their infantry to, you know, actually do something.

An Overlord on a barge and/or Annihilation Barges would not work in this list. All enemy anti-tank would focus on them, since they would be the only vehicles. Destroyers would be a good thing to include, but since I refuse to drop the Wraiths or the Lychguard there are no points left.

I'm not expecting this list to win frequently, all I'm expecting is it will put up a fight. I think it will, and I'll play a few games with it and see.