PDA

View Full Version : 750 points vanilla chaos marines - help!

Anon!
09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey all, I'm new to 40k and would appreciate some help with this 750 point list:
Chaos Lord with Terminator Armour, Mark of Khorne and Daemon Weapon
3 Terminators
2 X 10 Chaos Space Marines with Meltaguns and Rhinos, one squad has an Icon of Chaos Glory
5 Raptors with Flamer

Any recommendations on tactics or units that should be included? (note - the overall aim is to keep the list vanilla in nature, and also I cannot paint metal models at all (I'm converting the raptors from an assault squad simply to avoid superglue) so that means no death guard yet :( )

DarkLink
09-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Looks like a pretty good start for an army.

To expand, I'd get a few more raptors (a single 5 man unit is fairly fragile). 8-10 would be good.

Secondly, I'd go with a Defiler. It gives you some long ranged, heavy firepower, a big threat for the opponent's anti-tank to deal with (so they don't blow up your rhinos as quickly), and some more close combat stuff (for the defiler loadout, stick with the extra dccws, as you should either be shooting the battlecannon or charging into cc).

That should get you to 1000pts. From there you probably want some more troops (chaos has great troop choices), maybe a vindicator or another defiler, and maybe beef up the terminators a little. Or, if you figure out how to paint metal, get a couple obliterators. Every chaos army is better with obliterators;)

Grabnutz
09-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I'd dump the Defiler and add a Vindicator instead.