PDA

View Full Version : 2k Eldar Gunline

sephiroth0050
05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Farseer(Runes of witnessing,SpirtStones,Fortune,Guide) 135

9 Dire Avengers
Exarch(Dual AvengerSC,BladeStorm
Waveserpent(TL Shuriken Cannons,SpirtStones,)

9 Dire Avengers
Exarch(Dual AvengerSC,BladeStorm
Waveserpent(TL Shuriken Cannons,SpirtStones,)

5 Pathfinders -120

5 Pathfinders -120

5 Pathfinders -120

5 Shadow Specters
Exarch(Cynosure,withdraw,HaywireLuncher) 262

5 Shadow Specters
Exarch(Cynosure,withdraw,Prisimblaster) 262

Fire Prism(Holofields) 150

Thats my list i wanna try it out a tourny just wondering what eveyrone thinks.

SaganGree
05-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Tnh... I think you would get eaten...

Your AT element is horrible... 3 STR9*, 2 STR8**, 2 haywire

* only if you use the single shot, so you can get a higher str shot but loose a shot in the process
** the second you start taking casualties you loose str... AND range. And given that they only have a range of 30" thats not a great thing to start with on such an expensive unit.

Now, your Fire Prisms may survive, they will fall prey to what makes the Eldar Codex Low T2... stun lock. And on an AV 12 chassis its not hard to do.

As to the shadow specters... for the same cost you can get a WS with 5 FDs.

davel
06-02-2012, 12:39 AM
better to call your force mobile fire power

An eldar gun line like this has a big draw back when going toe to toe with other gun line armies

fire prisms are great in tournaments as their rules on shooting allow flexiblility that eldar armies lack.

the draw back though is ( as always with eldar) attrition

take the following situation 3 prisms vs 3 vindicators,

the space marine player can fire 3 st 10 large blasts for his 3 HS slots
you can only respond with 1 st 10 and 1 st 9 template for your 3 slots (or may be 3 st 9 )

this gets much worse against against guard who for each HS can feild multiple tanks that can fire multiple high st blasts at longer ranges than vindicators.

i find that in this scenario best option is get in close so they can't drop templates (stalingrad style)

Also have a plan for prisms when you lose the guns (ramming one option but there are others depending on mission)

dave L

Anggul
06-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Lose the Pathfinders and have more Dire Avengers. Rangers and Pathfinders are a bit rubbish for their points, even with Doom. Also get yourself some Fire Dragons. I'm not advocating copy-pasting lists, but you want Fire Dragons.

sephiroth0050
06-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Fire Dragons are in every list ( I understand why they are great I use them all the time.)
I felt that this list could deal with both Tank and infantry with both the prisms and specters being able to chose between there focused and disparsed shots. I know the one thing I lack is assualt.
I find it very hard to come up with a Eldar list that can deal with alot of the stuff out there, I mean i can take lost of Fire Dragons and Bright lances for anti tank but when doing that my avalible points drop very quickly.

Tynskel
06-08-2012, 10:19 AM
I like at 1 firedragon squad. They are a good 'catch all' unit. Give 'em the Hv Flamer.

LoverzCry
07-08-2012, 10:58 AM
I uh... you do realize that Shadow Specters are a heavy support choice.. right?

Chronowraith
07-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I uh... you do realize that Shadow Specters are a heavy support choice.. right?

At 2k points and greater you get an additional force org chart to play with.