PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points for tomorrow (Saturday)

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Hey guys,

I'm due to play my friend who has not played the hobby in like 5 years, he was my first ever opponent back when I was a wee skipper. Here is my list to play him with, he's using Eldar.

Overlord, Phaeron, Warscythe, Res Orb - 150
Harbinger of Destruction, Solar Pulse - 55
Harbinger of Eternity, Chromometron - 40
10 Gauss Immortals - 170 - Phaeron and Eternity here
10 Tesla Immortals - 170
5 Tesla Immortals - 85 - Destruction here
Triarch Stalker - 150
Annihilation Barge, Gauss Cannon - 90
Annihilation Barge, Gauss Cannon - 90

1000 points exact

What do you guys think?

Vashtek
06-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Not sure what the chronometron cryptek is achieving - wouldn't it be best to have a veiltek? The cause a morale test item can be game-winning if you get lucky. It would also give you some mobility in a list which is otherwise only moving 6" per turn.

Personally I would trade out the stalker for wraiths to give you a melee threat, and I prefer tesla on the barges (as tesla is +1 str you still glance eldar vehicles on 6 and you potentially get more hits) but otherwise I like the list.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Interesting... How much is the wound-allocation-y goodness on the Wraiths? Them basic is 105. So how much is 1 whip coil and 1 caster?
Sounds fair to me, it's a shame though, I really like Stalkers. Adds more AV13.

Vashtek
06-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Interesting... How much is the wound-allocation-y goodness on the Wraiths? Them basic is 105. So how much is 1 whip coil and 1 caster?
Sounds fair to me, it's a shame though, I really like Stalkers. Adds more AV13.

You could get 4 wraiths with 1 whip coil for 150. I'd want at least 4. A caster is 5 points I think.

Stalkers are ok if you are expecting slow moving AV14 stuff. Otherwise I personally wouldn't bother. They are quite static , have no cc threat, can be avoided relatively easily (if necessary) and are not much threat to anything other than the aforementioned AV14 stuff. Twinlinking is nice, but most of the time you will be firing your stalker at stuff you don't want your immortals to fire at, and your annigilation barges are twinlinked anyway.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-01-2012, 07:40 AM
I do not possess 4 Wraiths. Only 3, 1 coil, 1 caster, and a basic one.

Chexmix282
06-01-2012, 01:59 PM
I say keep the Stalker. It's very useful as it brings Melta to the table. CC units are far from mandatory, especially in a Necron army.

Best of luck!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Okay, so out of 3 games that I played with my original post, I won all 3!!!!

1st Game - Necrons vs Eldar
As expected, Necron firing discipline won true. Tabled him.
Even if he had an Avatar. (he was playing in the style of old school Biel-Tan)

2nd Game - Necrons vs White Scars
Everything in his army outflanked
He blew up both of my Annihilation Barges (the first person to ever destroy both of them)
My co-ordinated firepower and mobile infantry proved victorious

3rd Game - Necrons vs Blood Angels
Now this was a toughie, I've accepted the fact that I suck against cc Space Marine armies, I only won 6 killpoints to 5, really close, but that Triarch Stalker kills Marines.

Brandoncbaker
06-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Marine army's at 1000 points are tough,especially White Scars. Not many models. But grats anyways.im sure you got a bit of a feeling on the workings of some units in your list

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
06-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Sorry! I meant that my infantry was mobile!
Khan and his compadres got absolutely destroyed by Tesla.
I won all 3 games.

EDIT: I've edited my previous post for clarification purposes.