PDA

View Full Version : World Eaters 2K

Chexmix282
06-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I've been trying to think of the best way to make a decent World Eaters army, with as many Khorne Berzerkers as possible while still being able to reliably destroy vehicles. This is the list that I have created... notice that every unit is 8-strong, as 8 is Khorne's sacred number ;)

HQ
Kharn the Betrayer 165

Troops
8 Khorne Berzerkers 253
-Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist; Rhino w/ Combi-Melta

8 Khorne Berzerkers 253

8 Khorne Berzerkers 253

8 Khorne Berzerkers 253

8 Khorne Berzerkers 253

Heavy Support
8 Havoks 190
-3 Meltaguns; Rhino w/ Dozer Blade

8 Havoks 190

8 Havoks 190

I would really like to see Icons of Khorne on the Havok squads, but at 30 points each I'm afraid that it can't happen. Thoughts on this list? How do you think it will fare against the common armies you see on tables today? Most armies I play against aren't able to deal with that many rhinos full of marines flooding the field, and I feel that it has just enough Meltaguns to work nicely.

Denzark
06-07-2012, 02:34 AM
I like the theme and I like the 8 man squads - I do something similar.

Havocs are a bold choice. But then to not get the icons is a shame. I'd consider trying to trim some fat - Thoughts:

Combi-Meltas on Rhino's. I used to do this but decided it was a bit expensive for a single shot. Maybe free some points there.

PFs? You have on charging Skull Champs, a high strength, high ini - so why not stick to PW? You lose that chance to hit first and you always run the risk that by not hitting first, the PF hit won't get through. Is the difference between 3+ and 2+ to do damage that good? I accept that I haven't factored in instant kills and the rumoured buff to PF in 6th Ed.

Why not consider dropping 1 x Havocs and the Combi Meltas? Instead run a 2xCCW Defiler. He is death to MEQ and you can use him to pin things like GK that may not be that good at penetrating - irrelevant of their I6 Halberds. That would throw up about 60pts methinks to allow the Icons for the Havocs.

Kevlarshark
06-07-2012, 07:51 AM
I would leave designing any new chaos armys for a few months (lets see what the new codex brings?).

You have a fine fluffy list here but...
You will be lucky to get anywhere near to your opponent. With no Long Range weapons to pin or harass your opponents shooting...you give him/her 2 turns of shooting at you unhindered. Most decent 2k lists will be more than capable of doing over 8 rhinos in two turns. In fact now-a-days thats what many are designed to do.

I would be tempted to take the havocs as outflanking chosen in rhinos (or on foot if points are scarce)...they will die, but hopefully pin down and mess up the enemy plans as they go down (because no one can afford to ignore them).

This would free up your heavy slots for (as Denzark suggested) defilers or a Land raider to get Kharn's squad closer. I would also like to second the advice about combi-meltas and powerfists, on paper they appear awesome but in reality they are not to be relied on, or are just not worth the points.

Chexmix282
06-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I do not take Power Weapons on my squads as a clever player can use wound allocation to put them all on a single model. At first I thought they were awesome but I would greatly prefer the S9 Power Fist for destroying vehicles, something that this army needs help with.

I like the idea of taking Chosen instead of the Havoks, and I can easily toss in some AC/LC Preds to fill their slots. Let's see if I can find the points.

Now this is the Chosen unit that I would like to run:

8 Chosen 274
-Champ w/ Power Fist, 3 Meltaguns, Icon of Khorne, Rhino

This is a lot of points for a disruptor unit, but this list isn't designed for competitive play, just for pick-up games. I've got plenty of better armies for tournaments, lol. However points were tight and I had to drop the unnecessary upgrades (Fist & IoK).

Here's an updated list:

Kharn the Betrayer 165

2 x 8 Chosen 418
-3 Meltaguns, Rhino

7 Khorne Berzerkers 182 (Kharn goes here)
-Rhino

4 x 8 Khorne Berzerkers 972
-Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist; Rhino

2 x Predator 260
-Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons

But if I was to make this a tourney-grade list, I would take 5-man Chosen units and would want some Melta moving up the field with the Berzerkers. Well ideally the Berzerkers would have Meltaguns but I'll just have to wait for the next Codex and see :P

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-07-2012, 07:09 PM
i used to run a similiar list back when chaos was still good

stick with the pf they are a awesome closing to an assualt round....you just rolled 40 or so dice, three's to hit, three's to wound, whatever is left swings back then BAM! 4 powerfist attacks right in the face.
it is usually the difference maker in combat resolution

i liked the defiler also. great for softening up squads and still decent in combat.

though i sold my khorne army i hope they make a come back with 6th edition and return to glory as they did in 4th. i miss my khorn chain axes.
what was the rule, no armor save better than 4+ against them? loved to chew up terminators

Kevlarshark
06-08-2012, 04:25 AM
stick with the pf they are a awesome closing to an assualt round....you just rolled 40 or so dice, three's to hit, three's to wound, whatever is left swings back then BAM! 4 powerfist attacks right in the face.
it is usually the difference maker in combat resolution

It might feel like the big decider in combat, but you are actually delaying something that could be won at the I5 step..

Against MEQ (bezerkers charge)

Powerfist - 4x attacks = 2.6 hits. 2s to wound = 2.2 wounds

Powerwep- 5x attacks = 3.3 hits. 3s to wound = 2.2 wounds

Close Combat weapon 5x attacks = 3.3 hits. 3s to wound = 2.2 wounds. 3+ saves = 0.7 wounds

The fist is not worth its points vs toughness 4 or lower. The only reason to take powerfists is to take out dreds/wraithlords/talos who the normal bezerkers will struggle with. 28 st5 attacks on the rear armour will glance to death anything short of a land raider.

There is a school of thought that argue the whole skull champ upgrade is not worth the points at all.
36 points for +1 attacks and the ability to take fists or power weapons which will add 15 or 25 points to him.

If he is only there to take out big targets like walkers or toughness 6+ creatures (Which really should be facing off with Kharn, gunned down by preds or meltaed to death) you have to consider if the SC is a worthwhile upgrade?

For the same cost (nearly) of 1 powerfist SC you could have 3 more bezerkers, for the cost of 2 you could have another chaos lord (with lighting claws and MOK), a greater daemon or a Prince. 3 would get you a defiler with points to spare.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
i'm convinced:D check out my space wolf list see if have any thoughts on that.

DarkLink
06-08-2012, 08:53 PM
It might feel like the big decider in combat, but you are actually delaying something that could be won at the I5 step..

Fists bring something to the squad that it doesn't already have. You can't scratch a Dreadnough to death with str 5, and there's a lot of stuff out there that doesn't care about a mere power weapon, I5 or not.

Kevlarshark
06-09-2012, 04:57 AM
Fists bring something to the squad that it doesn't already have. You can't scratch a Dreadnough to death with str 5, and there's a lot of stuff out there that doesn't care about a mere power weapon, I5 or not.

To the squad yes...but in the list (as a whole) the 61 odd points (for the skull champ+fist) might have a better use. If you tailor each unit to be able to take all-comers you end up throwing points at maybe situations you don't actually get into.

With proper targeting discipline the list has plenty to nail that dred (or whatever) before the bezerkers go head to head with it.

I (personally) would be more comfortable fielding this list with a defiler, Deamon Prince or a second Chaos Lord... than tooled up Skull Champions.

the jeske
06-09-2012, 11:33 AM
The fist is not worth its points vs toughness 4 or lower. The only reason to take powerfists is to take out dreds/wraithlords/talos who the normal bezerkers will struggle with. 28 st5 attacks on the rear armour will glance to death anything short of a land raider.
and unless your somehow charging 20 man squads every time the power weapon wounds are rolled , it happens at same I as the normal ones . so they are being stacked on the same models . PF always better then PW .