PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar [Friendly Tournament 1500]

Cadre
06-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Hey. Looking for input on a Dark Eldar list intended to make use of some models I got in a DE megaforce as a doorprize at Nashcon. (a very pleasant surprise, and very appreciated!)

Anywho, I formerly played a fully themed haemonculi coven with webway portals and such.

I am looking to a more diversified theme, and came up with the notion that my Haemonculi are purveyors of fine drugs and poisons to the good citizens of Commoragh, allowing me to take some units I have always wanted to try such as Reavers, Wyches, and Warriors. (I know, amazing that I have never owned them before. heh)

I am looking to retain my roots as a coven, and that should come across in the list, I think. Let me know what you think:

HQ
Duke Sliscus
2x Haemonculi w/ Venom Blade, Liquifier, and WWP

Troops:
20x Warriors
-2x Splinter Cannons
-Sybarite with Venom Blade and Phantasm Grenade Launcher
(Joined by Duke and one haemonculus)

15x Wyches
-Hekatrix w/Power Weapon and Phantasm

9x Wracks
-Liquifier Gun
-Raider w/ Night Shields and Flicker Field
(Joined by a Haemonculus)

Fast Attack:
Reavers x6
-2x Heat Lances
-2x Cluster Caltrops
-Arena Champion w/Venom Blade

Heavy Support:
Talos
-Chain Flails and TL Heat Lance

Talos
-Chain Flails and TL Heat Lance

Chronos
-Spirit Vortex

---------------
The list is meant to be fun, and use a lot of the mechanics of the list and give me a lot of options to play around with, hopefully surprising my opponents.

The big warrior squad will typically deploy in the rear, on an objective and slap a portal down for support against any enemy coming to dislodge them.

The Raider will typically get forward and suicidally place a portal in a strategic forward location if I feel it is necessary.

I had a great deal of trouble trimming this list down from 2k. In my test games it has done well, with approximately a 50/50 WL record. However, the games have been very close, and I feel that the list is very vulnerable to what I would call "shenanigans" (weird rules I didn't predict or plan for causing havoc).

I enjoy the strategic choices this list has to make, as it seems less "point and click" than other armies I face regularly. (Wraithwing and Longfang Spam, I am looking at you!) Even the process of placing objectives becomes more involved. (their tactical relationship with portals is interesting to me) I also enjoy the large squads of Wyches and warriors. You don't get to see that in traditional DE venom spam. It's a pleasant change of pace for both me and my opponents, I think.

However, as I said, the list feels vulnerable. I am open to any suggestions that preserve the fun factors of the list and maintain the general theme. (drugs, poison, and fleshcrafting)

Unused models available to the enterprising editor:
1x Raider
2x Venom
3x Grotesques
1x Haemonculus Ancient (or similar stand-in)
10x Wracks
5x Incubi

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-07-2012, 07:28 PM
1)lose the sybarite he's not needed, lose splinter cannons and take Dlances... trust me your going to
need the as many anti tank as you can get in a wwp list.
2)i would use 2 squads of wracks with haemon in a venom or raider(venoms preferably to save points)
3)lose the chronos(they arent very strong and you will have know problem wracking up pain tokens)
4)split the reavers into two squads as well for mobility

i love incubi.. alot of people dont use them cause they are points expensive but dig them alot so i would fit them in somehow
if your playing a friendly game webways are fun and can make for a interesting game but for tourneys i would go with a raider assualt list but thats just me

have fun and good luck