PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what HQ and troop to take in 1500 point list!

foostoofoo
09-23-2009, 12:56 PM
So guys I have decided to do the land speeder spam army so far it is

6 speeders all with CML's and HB's
3 speeders all with MM's and HF's

That takes me up to 750 points, the army will be a 1500 point army, now this might sound so strange, but I have no idea on how to spend the other 750 points, I toyed with a commander 2 tac squads and scouts, also tired commander on bike and fast moving units and all, but nothing really seems to fit well, This is the first time I've struggled so much on a list:confused:

So guys any advice on what the next 750 points should be (obviously I need an HQ and 2 troops) thanks :)

DarkLink
09-23-2009, 02:04 PM
I would say you probably want drop pods. Your speeders are fragile (even with 9 of them), but have lots of firepower. If you drop in on top of your opponent with a couple of tactical squads and a dread or two, they'll be too busy dealing with the guys in their face to bother your landspeeders. And if they shoot your landspeeders, your drop pod guys will be all the more effective. Using the drop pod's distraction your HF/MM 'speeders can move up and hit their ideal target, while there won't be much return fire to inhibit your CML/HB 'speeders, letting them kill stuff.

That said, it comes down to your personal playstyle. Experiment. Try out having bikes, or normal tacticals in rhino's, drop pods, etc. The drop pod stuff is probably how I'd do it, but you might find you get better results with different tactics.

Chumbalaya
09-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Rhinos and Predators would help take the heat off of your speeders, DPs could work too.

phoenix01
09-23-2009, 10:04 PM
My suggestion

Kor'sarro Khan on Moondrakken
One squad of five bikes, combi melta, 2x meltaguns, & attack bike w/ mm (counts as troops choice with Khan on bike)
One squad of ten tactical marines w/ meltagun, & multimelta (for holding the objective)
Rhino (to draw fire, be a mobile wall, and give mobility to the tactical squad)
Dreadnought (for that extra punch)

Total 745 points