PDA

View Full Version : 300 point Axis Tournament list

Denied
06-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Hey all so here is a list I am working on building for the tournament level 300AP.

Axis 300 point list:

Platoon 1: Markus

Command/Hero: Markus -24
1st Section: Axis Gorillas- 24

Platoon 2: Blutkreuz

Command: Strumpioniere- 25
1st Section: Axis Zombies – 19
2nd Section: Heavy Flak Grenadiers- 26
3rd Section: Axis Zombies- 19
4th Section: Axis Zombies-19
Support: Sniper Grenadier Team -12
Support: Sniper Grenadier Team- 12
Support: HPW VI-B “Sturmkonig” -90
Hero: Angela – 30

Total: 300 on the dot

The Idea is that it will be good for laying down a lot of suppressing fire so the mass amount of fast Panzer fist wielding jackoffs should be able to get in close and tear things up. I built it with the idea that the SSU are coming and with them come the flyers so I wanted some good anti flyer in their as well. I fear running into a strong Allies list though with heavy tanks because the best thing I can do against them is get my Monkeys and Zombies in their face to rip them apart.

What do people think?

Bigred
06-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I like it.

You certainly have the anti-armor handled (between the Konig and Angela). You can assault well with that many zombies and Markus and the apes.

My worry is the lack of high volume anti-infantry (particulary Infantry 3) firepower.

Those Allied jump squads are so damned mobile and pack tons of high rate of fire shots. You really need something to thin them out a bit, then kill the survivors with the zombies/Markus.

I could see dropping the Markus/Apes platoon plus one of the sniper teams and going with a cheap anti-infantry platoon.

Also - Long Toms are the Devil!!!

Denied
06-08-2012, 06:48 AM
The snipers are GREAT anti Infantry 3 though, no armor allowed no cover allowed and they hit on blanks Angela and her squad are going to devastate one squad of Infantry 3 a turn. The zombies are really good at eating up Infantry 2 squads as well and Sturm is pretty nasty to infantry as well (although primarily he is for anti air when SSU come out).

And yeah Long Toms + Additional resources are the devil.

mccragge
06-08-2012, 01:17 PM
So what kind of list could the allies make to counter this army? It looks like you have everything pretty much covered for the most part. But what I like to do is imagine myself making an army list to compete against the one I just made to see what weaknesses, if any, are in my army and how to shore them up.

McCragge

RealGenius
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Snipers are great, but I'm not sure how well they work with the Monkey/Zombie armies. Usually those guys are so fast/far ahead they leave your Snipers with little to shoot at.

If I were building an Allies counter army, in my limited playing experience, I might go with something like this:

Heavy Ranger Command
1: Heavy Ranger Attack
2: Heavy Ranger Attack
3: Ranger Weapon Squad
M2-A Mickey
M2-A Mickey

Ranger Command
1: Ranger Weapon Team
2: Ranger Assault Squad
M2-C Pounder
-- Additional Resources

296 points by my count.

The Heavy Rangers have a larger threat range than the Zombies and Gorillas that don't have guns and you can use the three normal Rangers to block and sacrifice to protect the bigger guns. The Mickey is great against Zombies because of the dice it can throw out, and the Pounder is good at picking off when the squads get whittled down.

We played a 300 point, 2 vs 2 game last night against a 20 Zombie army and our Allies List was something like this:

Ranger Command
1: Combat Rangers w/extra Bazooka
2: Ranger Assault
3: Ranger Weapon
S: Ranger Observer
S: M2-A Mickey
H: The Priest (with BBQ/Assault squad)

Heavy Ranger Command
1: Heavy Ranger Attack Squad
2: Heavy Ranger Tank Hunter Squad
3: Combat Rangers? (Can't remember)
S: Ranger Sniper Team
S: M1-A Blackhawk

We did pretty well because we had a lot of different units to use to focus fire on the nearest Zombie squad. Once the Zombies were gone we had a lot more freedom of movement.

The did have a Loth backing the Zombies, and that was a pretty good threat. I like the Zombie+Loth combo.

RealGenius
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
And don't forget the Battle Builder setup-- putting the Zombies into Force Collision makes them much easier to handle!