PDA

View Full Version : First Attempt at Footdar *1500 Pts*

Traveler
06-09-2012, 02:41 PM
So ive been playing blood angels for about a year and a half now and I decided to get into eldar since i want more of a challenge. I've been reading up on a lot of eldar lists and I really want to do footdar. However ive never seen anybody play eldar so I am not too sure on my list. I dont play tournaments or anything, but I still would like to have a good list, especially since I am already going to be at a slight disadvantage against the newer codexes. Anyways, heres my list, be gentle :o

1500 pt list Eldar

HQ
Eldrad-210 Pts

ELites
Harlequins-(5 Man, 1 Troupe Master power sword, 1 Shadowseer)-158 pts

Troops
Guardians-(18 man, Eldar Missle Launcher)-164 pts
Dire Avengers(10 man, exarch, bladestorm, twin shriukin catapults)-152 pts
Dire Avengers(10 man, exarch, bladestorm, twin shriukin catapults)-152 pts
3 Guardian Jetbikes-66 Pts

Fast Attack
Warp Spiders(5 Man, exarch, spinneret rifle)-127 Pts

Heavy Support
Wraithlord(Eldar Missle Launcher, Bright Lance)-155 Pts
Wraithlord(Eldar Missle Launcher, Bright Lance)-155 Pts

Also, I should note that my usual opponents are Chaos Daemons, Space Wolves and Necrons. I want to use fire dragons but I've read that if you are going footdar, they will be shot to pieces before they even get close. Please help a noobie eldar player out! I haven't bought any models either, so i am open to ideas. I really like the idea of using the Avatar and 2 Wraithlords though, so i would really like to keep them in this list. I think the problem is that I know i put units in this lsit that are good, but I don't have an idea of how I am supposed to fit them all together.

sephiroth0050
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
First yes your are right exposed Fire Dragons will be a very very very large target. I wonder that you have eldrad in there for Im assuming to guide and fortune the Dire Avengers. but just a small question.
\
Personaly If im running footdar you can't go wrong with Wraith Gaurd. I know they are both expensive to buy and to feild but 10 man squad and now there troop choices with some potential to pop tanks. put a Spirtseer with conceal and take Karandras attach him to the squad and run your Harlys infront of them, and now you have give yourself a moving 3+ cover save rerollable if you put a farseer or Eldrad with them for fortune and Karandras with 6 Power fist attacks in case someone tries to hold up the unit in assualt.

karandras
06-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Eldrad and the Avatar combo is a must for this list, so your HQ is fine. The Harlequins are an expensive unit, but if you are going to bring them, you need to run a bigger unit of 8-10 and make sure everyone has kisses. Five just is not enough. I like to add the Death Jester because the model is cool and it gives them something to shoot.

Your Guardian Squad can act as a screen if you give them a Warlock and Conceal. You could actually drop the squad to the 12-15 total model range. Give them a Shuriken Cannon or Scatter Laser as the Missile Launcher is a waste of points. Two Dire Avenger Squads are great, but I would change them up to Exarch with Shimmershield & PW plus Defend. Bladestorm is nice to have but a luxary that is often not needed.
The Jetbike squad needs to be 5-6 models with 1-2 Shuriken Cannons. 3 Bikes will do nothing but stay in reserve and hope they don't have to come out until turn 5. Not ideal.

Warp Spiders are nice, but very expensive. Again, the unit needs to be in the 8 to 10 model range to have enough survivability to make a difference in the game. I would equip the exarch with a dual spinner and blades.

Wraithlords are great. I prefer mine with one weapon and a Wraithsword to walk up with my Avatar and crush people as opposed to using them as gun platforms, but both options are acceptable.

The repeating theme here in regards to your list, is bigger squads are better. As sephiroth0050 stated, a unit of 10 Wraithguard with a Warlock is a pretty solid building block for a non-mechanized Eldar list. It is expensive to buy, but it is 400 points of your army. Eldrad goes in that squad. Give the Warlock Conceal and Fortune them everyturn. Keep the Avatar right in front of them and I like to put a Wraithlord with a Wraithsword and heavy weapon of your choice right behind them. Put a 10 man Dire Avenger unit with the Defend, Shimmershield, PW set up on either side of them and there is a solid core of a walking Eldar army. Two squads of 6 Jetbikes with 2 Shuriken Cannons each and you have a solid core of scoring units and offensive firepower and mobility and durability. Here is a suggestion:

HQ
Eldrad-210 Pts

Troops
Wraithguard (10 man, Spiritseer, Conceal) -396 Pts
Dire Avengers (10 man, Exarch, Defend, PW, Shimmershield)-162 Pts
6 Guardian Jetbikes (2 Shuriken Cannons)-152 Pts
6 Guardian Jetbikes (2 Shuriken Cannons)-152 Pts

Heavy Support
Wraithlord (Brightlance, Wraithsword)-145 Pts
War Walker Squadron (2 each with dual Scatter Laser) -120 Pts