PDA

View Full Version : 1850 DE featuring Vect and his amazing Flying Circus!

thecactusman17
06-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Vect leads a cavalclade of seemingly awkward units into combat against all odds. This army DOES NOT function like Venom Spam, so comments are appreciated but trying to turn it into said list design is not. Nor is it effective--I'd put this up against any Venom Spam player without hesitation, and expect to win.

Vect
Vect's Dais
Succubus w/ Agonizer, Haywire Grenades

Warriors (x5) w/ Blaster
Venom w/ Nightshield, extra splinter cannon, Chain Snares

Warriors (x5) w/ Blaster

Warriors (x5) w/ Blaster

Wyches x9 w/ Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer

Wyches x9 w/ Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer
Raider w/ Nightshields, Flickerfields, AetherSails, Shock Prow, Torment Grenade Launchers

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ Splinter Cannon, Nightshields, Flickerfields, 4x Monoscythe Missiles, and Darklances

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ Splinter Cannon, Nightshields, Flickerfields, 4x Monoscythe Missiles, and Darklances

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-10-2012, 07:40 AM
i like it and i would use it unfortunatly i dont have three razorwings. id sub for ravagers. how do you implement the athersails? do you move them, then jump out and attack next round. i have been hesitant to use them

thecactusman17
06-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Aethersails are great for dealing with that pesky Hydra or whatever--they will probably shoot you down, but your troops are now close enough that it doesn't matter. In this case, I am hoping that the S10 Ramming potential will be of use as well.

thecactusman17
06-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Round one in my favor, with full table wipe and max battle points. This list was definitely more casual though, so let's see what happens against a much more competitive army (in this car, a very well played sisters list that I've had trouble with before).

thecactusman17
06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Ok, things went downhill from there. So round two vs. Sisters of Battle, my opponent did an excellent job protecting his Exorcists in the back corner, and despite the Killpoints mission I just couldn't actually kill anything. Even without the killpoint modifications (awarding more points for higher point units) he easily defeated me, while I could never deliver the finishing blow even when I managed to whittle his units down to uselessness.

Round three was a nail biter, going all the way to round 6 before finishing with a tie (slight point modifiers to my opponent). The supersonic jet fighters proved critical to my victory, nosing out over the objective while the base was far enough back to draw him off the objective when he inevitably assaulted. In this case, my opponent out-played me, choosing the Quicksilver psychic power to make his Falchion-toting purifiers a terrifying combat threat. Fortunately, the consolidation left his unit an easy target for my Razorwings, which chewed through it entirely on the next turn. Justicar thawn managed to get on top of my objective and threaten an easy pop-up at exactly the wrong time, and as soon as my movement was cut like that my options for pulling a genuine win just went straight down the tubes.

Ultimately, came in 4th out of six players. Could have placed with a bit more work on my paint, but we had a good time.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-11-2012, 03:59 AM
maybe try ravagers instead of razorwings and with saved points an extra squad of wyches or even bloodbrides to ride with vect. just a thought.