PDA

View Full Version : Tinned Revenge!

Mr Mystery
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
So, played Nids with my Necrons on sunday, and frankly it all went a bit Pete Tong. Veiled a Crpytek, Overlord and 10 Immortals into oblivion on turn 2, and things just got worse.

And in the best possible Necron tradition (Cupid Stunt leg swish) I'm coming back, this Thursday. 1,500 against those Gribbly Nids.

Now I don't mind admitting this is kind of a tailored list, but there's a reason beyond wanting full on rewengey. I've got stuff in my collection I'm yet to use, and I want to see how a heavy hitter Nid list does against them!

So, it's currently....

Overlord
Phase Shifter, Sempiternal Weave, Warscythe, Orb

Lord
Phase Shifter, Sempiternal Weave, Warscythe, Orb, Mindshackle Scarabs

Harbinger of Transmogrification
Crucible, Tremorstave

10 Tesla Immortals

10 Tesla Immortals

5 Scytheguard, Nightscythe

5 Scytheguard, Nightscythe

Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge.

Army I'm playing has a Flyrant, Carnifex, Tyrannofex, Tervigon, Genestealers, Doom in Pod, Trygon and some Gaunts. The high amount of Tesla ought to provide suitable dakka to threaten him with sheer weight of fire power, Nightscythes provide manouverability, and the Lychguard and others are there to chop the big beasties down in HTH, and hopefully survive (kind of helps 3 of his big things have lower Initiative and WS! Plus I'm confident the others will go down like a sack of spuds as well). Mindshackle Scarabs are for now an afterthought, but could prove useful should he engage me with a single beasty, as there's a decent chance even the Tyrant will charge, then flail about uselessly. Harbinger goes in the other squad, with the idea being I can either get the jump thanks to the crucible, or force my opponent to come at me one at a time (though that is a good argument for sticking him with the Lord. Hmmm....)

So, yeah, I know it's small, I know I'm risking a lot on the Lychguard, but should be fun! Thoughts?

L192837465
06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
You're playing against Tyranids. I feel sorry for the other chap.

Fun army though.

Mr Mystery
06-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Cheers dude!

Last game, I couldn't drop his big stuff fast enough (poor rolling and jammy save ratio!).

Though I'm tempted to make one unit of Immortals Gauss. When he gets close, 20 AP5 shots is a solid thing, no?

Mr Mystery
06-14-2012, 02:09 PM
OK...that list worked beautifully!

One unit of Lychguard carved it's way through two broods of Gaunts for no loss, dropped the Tervigon spawning them, chinned a bunker, and then polished off a final brood of Gaunts. T5 is NOT to be sniffed at. Spesh when it's backed up with a Warscythe! Granted in the end I inadvertantly Tesla'd them down to one man!

The other group played a bit of Tyrannofex tipping, but otherwise served as an awesome deterrent, as my opponent tried his best to avoid them.

Tyrant felt the pain of 4 Tesla Destructors on the first turn, and the Immortals with the characters saw off his Genestealers (by shooting, not combat of course) and took out the Trygon in combat.

Overall very impressed with the army, but I must learn to keep out of Arc range (managed to knack a Nightscythe with it's own weapon, and 2 Lychguard.....

Not sure it would do too well against horde Nids or Orks, but I'm willing to give it a bash. Provided I can get the charge, the Lychguard should prove resilient enough to walk straight through Boyz (6 to wound me, bungole!)

Tynskel
06-18-2012, 04:29 PM
don't underestimate the furious charge mob lead by a nob with a powerclaw. They will make Lychguard go ouch.

That bug list was hilarious. I love the big bugs, but 3 really expensive ones let alone 5 monsterous creatures in 1500 points is asking for a beating! I would take, at most, 3. And keep them cheap.

Mr Mystery
06-21-2012, 12:48 PM
don't underestimate the furious charge mob lead by a nob with a powerclaw. They will make Lychguard go ouch.

That bug list was hilarious. I love the big bugs, but 3 really expensive ones let alone 5 monsterous creatures in 1500 points is asking for a beating! I would take, at most, 3. And keep them cheap.

I think I'd try a game of 'keep away' against Orks. Lychguard held back on my lines, letting the rest of my army point the snot out of him as he advances. Tesla ought to do horrible, horrible things to Orks!

Definitely a list to be used more frequently!