PDA

View Full Version : Prefered enemy

JavaKnight
09-24-2009, 01:33 AM
If your Tau Ethernal is killed and your army received the preferred enemy rule in a Apocalypse game with various armies does it count for all opponents or must you choose one? Your thoughts please gentelman? :confused::confused:

Old_Paladin
09-24-2009, 05:56 AM
I could be wrong; but doesn't the rule state that only true Tau are affected, not their allies such as Kroot and Vespid.
If so, it's simple enough to apply to Apoc.
Only Tau could be affected (it doesn't matter what Sept World you're from, an Ethereals are important). Likewise, why would the Imperium care if that thin blue guy died (they don't care if their own commander is killed).

OMalley
09-24-2009, 07:05 AM
I think what he is asking is what armies YOUR army gets preferred enemy to, not your allies getting preferred enemy because that doesn't make sense. In any case I would say whichever army killed your Ethereal is the army that you should be wanting to "kill more".

DarkLink
09-24-2009, 07:26 AM
I'd keep it simple and say that all your tau models gain preferred enemy against everybody.

There isn't any clear rules resolution to resolve this issue. Nowhere does it say "your army counts as this, blah, blah, blah".

Lerra
09-24-2009, 11:44 AM
I agree with DarkLink. You should get preferred enemy against all of your opponents. After all, the green space marines may have killed your ethereal, but the blue space marines helped them do it!

BuFFo
09-24-2009, 11:52 AM
This is an Apoc game. There are no strict rules to follow.

You and your gaming group just decide on what to do and thats it. Thats all you need.

I never understood Apoc questions on RAW forums lol.

StrikerFox
09-25-2009, 10:23 PM
This is an Apoc game. There are no strict rules to follow.

You and your gaming group just decide on what to do and thats it. Thats all you need.

I never understood Apoc questions on RAW forums lol.

yes, i agree and prefereably the person you nominated (if any) to run the apoc scenario. if its just a pick up game, clarifications should be made before you start.

otherwise, i would say only YOUR army gets the benefit and if they are TAU.. again no vespids or kroot.

if you are all tau and there is only one ethereal between all of you, really, i would ask and clarify with your opponent before hand. otherwise i think its for your "own" forces..

and again, this is apoc. so yeah.. spoon.

AirHorse
09-26-2009, 06:20 AM
I dont get this whole "its apoc lol, do what you want the rules dont mean anything" attitude... It has rules, and so if people choose to stick entirely to them its fine. GW doesnt tell you that you HAVE to stick to standard 40k rules so i dont see why its too much for someone to ask a question clarifying rules in apocalypse and to expect a helpful response.

Im pretty certain you would just gain prefered enemy against all oponents, as there isnt anything to specify that you gain prefered enemy against the race/oponent that killed the ethereal.