PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point ork hybrid list C+C's lz

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Greetings fellow plactic crack fiends!!!

iif you guys have read any of my previos threads about orks youll know that i have been very indecisive about what army to run with the bagizillion orks that i have. so i decided to play 5 games of each of the three variants and here are the results and my opinions

1) green tide- 180 boys, gazand old zogwart, lootas and lots of grots- i love playing this list and i won 3 games, 1 draw and one loss, however the games to forever and there is way to many models to move and paint

2) nob bikers- 20 nobikers with 2 squads of lootas- 2 Ws 2 Ls 1 D- meh. loved not having all those models to move and nob bikers are wicked tough, but the wound allocation got confusing and the games were kinda boring. i turboboost next turn assualt, oppenent assualts with everything and then 3-4 turns of assualt hoping your nobs live long enough to win. plus most people have figured these guys out.

3) battle wagon rush-4 battlewagons, squad of meganobs, 3 squads of boys, defkoptas, and stormboys-3 wins 2 Loses not as much fun as green tide but felt good crunching squads and vehicles with deffrollas and it just felt like a truer "orky" army. down side is that thw wagons are weak on the flanks and vulnerable to resreves from board edge

so with all these three themes in mind i think i have come up with a great hybrid list. taking all the pros and cons from each list and putting them in to this list. sorry for the long post but ireally want to do this right. please leave ANY comments if you give it a look

HQ

Ghazghkull thraka (225)
Big Mek w/ KFF and PK (110)

Troops

20 boyz - Nob, PK, bosspole (160)
20 boyz - Nob, PK, bosspole (160)
20 shoota boyz - Nob, PK, bosspole (160)
20 shoota boyz - Nob, PK, bosspole (160)

Elites

13 Burna boyz (192)
3 Nob bikers 1) PK waagh banner 2)BC ammon runt 3)BC (188)

Fast

12 Stormboyz w/ Zagstruck(255)

Heavy

BattleWagon w/ Defrolla, RPJ, Grot Riggers, Plank, Ex Armor, big shoota(140)

Ok so Gaz and big mek go in wagon with burna boys and the two squads of regular boyz in the other two wagons in front of them to protect the flaming surprise for turn two. the 2 squads of shoota boys go on the flanks of the battle wagons to protect from reserves and anything that try to get at their side armor. nob bikers are going to try and sneak around to take out any long fangs/ devastator or similar rear squad or to support frontal assualt. and finally zagstruck and his boys come in from reserve to wreck havoc in the back field as well. i really wanted some lootas but im outa points. i was thinking of warbikers instead of nob bikers but they are just not near as effective.

so what do ya think. plz plz plz leave a comment
thanks bols

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-19-2012, 06:04 PM
woa! lol my points are way off hang on

ok fixed

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
06-21-2012, 05:36 PM
cmon guys give a guy some help

blackarmchair
06-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey, I've been running the Ork Battlewagon list for a long time. It's a really great list and when it does what it's designed to do it's highly reliable. The downside: there are a lot of new codexes out there that simply give 0 ****s about everything you have.

You can't kill Paladins, Purifiers, Lychguard, etc. So a nearly full assault force can't out-fight a significant minority of armies out there. I've found that shooty orks are kind of the way to go these days. That means Weirdboys or Shokk Gun Mekks in the HQ, lootaz/burnaz for elites, tons of boyz, dakkajets or buggies for fast, and kannonz or Killa Kanz for heavies.

It's not as fun I think but wagons are struggling at the minute.

thecactusman17
06-24-2012, 11:59 PM
It's really hard to say for sure, and this is exactly the wrong time to be commenting on a new list given that 6th edition looks to shake up assaulting armies rather significantly, for better and worse. Also, wound allocation appears to have changed rather dramatically too so it's hard to say if the Nob Bikers are too small (for fifth edition) or just right (for 6th edition).

One thing to seriously look are the Jets. Sure, they are a little more expensive than your average Ork vehicle, but in 6th they are going to give you huge benefits in survivability and speed.

Finally, wait patiently for the new edition in regards to the Burna Boyz. Certain things about the wound allocation make me wonder if Burnas and similar mass-template units are about to get a baseball bat to the teeth.

Wolfshade
06-25-2012, 02:16 AM
For me Bosspoles are wasted on large squads, I tend to have my boyz in CC before they are less than fearless and they tend to win when they assault so don't need to re-roll morale. I would say though we don't know how this will play in 6th so would avoid any purchases until after saturday