PDA

View Full Version : DE killing robots

commissar camenzuli
06-20-2012, 03:11 PM
As my mate set up a bet that if i beat him with a 600 point necron army with over 20 models he will pay me a tenner. So here is my list:
(Sorry about the format this came straight off battlescribe)
600pt Necrons 5th ed. Roster (Standard)

Selections:

HQ (280pts)

Necron Overlord (280pts) Ever-Living, Independent Character, Reanimation Protocols

Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts) (Mindshackle Scarabs), Phaeron (20pts) (Phaeron), Phase Shifter (45pts) (Phase Shifter), Resurrection Orb (30pts) (Resurrection Orb), Sempiternal Weave (15pts) (Sempiternal Weave), Tesseract Labyrinth (20pts) (Tesseract Labyrinth), Warscythe (10pts) Royal Court (35pts) Harbinger of the Storm (35pts) Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols

Lightning Field (10pts) (Lightning Field), Voltaic Staff (Haywire)

Troops (260pts)

Necron Warriors (130pts) 10x Necron Warrior (130pts) Reanimation Protocols

10x Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon)

Fast Attack (60pts)

Canoptek Scarabs (60pts) 4x Canoptek Scarab Base (60pts) (Entropic Strike, Swarms, Fearless)

thecactusman17
06-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Two issues: first, remove the points per gear stuff, just list the total. Second, that overlord is way overdone. He is going to be easily countered by wyches. Also, the cryptek is all wrong for de. 12 inch range means you are always out until after he assails you.

The scarabs are a good choice, try to get more. Against most de cc units, you will get more attacks and they can't do more than grind us down thanks to fearless. Also, they will do a better job at killing his tanks. Use the scarabs to kill the tanks, then shoot him to death from s far out as you can.

commissar camenzuli
06-20-2012, 11:02 PM
The reason why i have such equipment and the cryptek is because he is close combat orientated

Vashtek
06-21-2012, 03:45 AM
As my mate set up a bet that if i beat him with a 600 point necron army with over 20 models he will pay me a tenner. So here is my list:
(Sorry about the format this came straight off battlescribe)
600pt Necrons 5th ed. Roster (Standard)

Selections:

HQ (280pts)

Necron Overlord (280pts) Ever-Living, Independent Character, Reanimation Protocols

Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts) (Mindshackle Scarabs), Phaeron (20pts) (Phaeron), Phase Shifter (45pts) (Phase Shifter), Resurrection Orb (30pts) (Resurrection Orb), Sempiternal Weave (15pts) (Sempiternal Weave), Tesseract Labyrinth (20pts) (Tesseract Labyrinth), Warscythe (10pts) Royal Court (35pts) Harbinger of the Storm (35pts) Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols

Lightning Field (10pts) (Lightning Field), Voltaic Staff (Haywire)

Troops (260pts)

Fast Attack (60pts)

Canoptek Scarabs (60pts) 4x Canoptek Scarab Base (60pts) (Entropic Strike, Swarms, Fearless)

Sorry, but this ranks as one of the worst lists I have ever seen.

Dark eldar move fast and have lots of guns that can fire at you from 24" or more away. They will fire a whole bunch of stuff at you and you then have the option of firing up to 20 ineffectual bolter shells (doing virtually nothing) back at them or moving closer to them (doing nothing). The scarabs will be focussed down as the only thing he is remotely scared of. Why would he ever get in close combat with you? Even if he did, he will kill the warriors easily, and the overlord will get swept.

For 600 points against dark eldar,

I would get a cheap hq choice (Szeras might be reasonable choice for this points value as he comes with an AP2 missile launcher), a couple of reasonable sized squads of tesla immortals ( which can threaten the skimmers and are pretty durable to boot) and then fill up with scarabs with few destroyers/wraiths/ night scythe

I would probably go with something like

Szeras
8 Immortals
8 Immortals
Night Scythe
Scarabs 4 scarabs
Scarabs 4 scarabs

alshrive
06-21-2012, 04:31 AM
I would probably go with something like

Szeras
8 Immortals
8 Immortals
Night Scythe
Scarabs 4 scarabs
Scarabs 4 scarabs

i defeinitely agree with this comment, although i may try to work a spyder into the mix (although against DE not so great as although high toughness you will be taking A LOT of wounds due to the poisons!)

commissar camenzuli
06-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Ons problem. School league rules. How about this list:
HQ (270pts)

Necron Overlord (270pts) Ever-Living, Independent Character, Reanimation Protocols

Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts) (Mindshackle Scarabs), Resurrection Orb (30pts) (Resurrection Orb), Warscythe (10pts) Royal Court (125pts) Harbinger of Despair (60pts) Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols

Abyssal Staff (Shroud of Despair), Veil of Darkness (30pts) (Veil of Darkness)

Harbinger of Destruction (65pts) Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols

Eldritch Lance, Gaze of Flame (10pts) (Gaze of Flame), Solar Pulse (20pts) (Solar Pulse)

Troops (266pts)

Necron Immortals (136pts) Reanimation Protocols 8x Necron Immortal (136pts) 8x Gauss Blaster

Fast Attack (60pts)

alshrive
06-21-2012, 09:15 AM
seriously, drop the lord down a bit! a basic lord with warscythe and command barge is 180! that is pretty much all you need and will in this size game be very very good! don't throw nearly half the army into that HQ, i would also drop the cryptek, or especially drop the gear and just take a basic cryptek with voltaic staff (harbinger of storm). personally i would go witha basic barge lord and then throw in as many tesla immortals and scarabs as i could!

commissar camenzuli
06-21-2012, 09:50 AM
As i said. School league says 600pts and one hq and 2 troops compulsury. And only one fast attack, elite or heavy support. And this list hasnt lost yet

Learn2Eel
06-21-2012, 10:10 AM
The problem is, your list will be annihilated by any Dark Eldar player worth the time. Assuming your opponent plays a mobile, mounted Dark Eldar force, they can dictate the entire game to you and make your Overlord redundant. They can ignore your over-costed Overlord and easily take out your troops, or even tar-pit the Overlord with a Wych squad.

You might be thinking "oooh paper planes" but they will be in your face on Turn 1 and charging you on Turn 2 depending on the board size, and once your army is in combat, it is virtually useless.

Follow alshrive's suggestion. Dropping your Overlords upgrades to a minimum and putting him in a Command Barge will not only ensure you get into combat much easier, but it is another target for your opponent to shoot at. Mind you, if that is the only vehicle on the field, expect it to fall quickly to dark lances. A decent player with a decent list will make mince meat of your army.
Tesla immortals are awesome against Dark Eldar, you glance on 5s and pen them on 6s, with the AP - cancelled out by open-topped, and the amount of shots you get is insane. Mind you, by the time Dark Eldar transports are within 24" I would start thinking about how to best deal with wyches moreso than anything else.

The lesson you must always remember about Dark Eldar is that typically - especially if it is a Kabalite list - they will have more sheer weight of firepower than you. The trick is to exploit their lack of resilience - take out DE transports before they can reach you and you have basically made the unit inside a free kill point. And that is why one super-upgraded Overlord and two highly expensive Crypteks will not help you. You need more models that will do so much more damage. An Overlord can only do so much, and that is only in combat too really, and if he's against wyches it won't matter.

If you are able to, take two-three Immortals squads of a decent size, chuck the Overlord on a CCB, maybe take an Annihilation Barge if you have one and fill out the scarabs.

I'm not saying that you should be resigned to losing, just that you will struggle against a good player if you keep your current list. One important thing to remember is that Dark Eldar can take two awesome HQ's that will invariably kill a lot more than your Overlord for the same points cost. That is the way their army works and that is the way you have to think; a good example is that autocannons and assault cannons are much better against Dark Eldar than lascannons and meltas. Why? A lascannon and a melta are one shot each that could miss, or hit and obviously penetrate unless you roll horribly. The problem is, Dark Eldar nearly always have either cover or an invulnerable save on their vehicles which they can then simply ignore your hit either half the time or a third of the time. Shoot that same vehicle with an assault cannon though, and you are far more likely to blow it up. That philosophy applies to the whole army. It's why Thousand Sons with AP3 bolters are virtually useless against Dark Eldar. You may as well spend the points on more Chaos Space Marines that will do the exact same thing minus a few special rules.

Just remember to shoot the Raider's with the Wyches in them (if the player has them), they will more than likely be the biggest threat to your army.

commissar camenzuli
06-21-2012, 11:36 AM
here is my friends list. please may someone come up with a list that can combat it???
HQHaemonculus 50pts TroopsWracks x8 w/Raider140pts Kabalite Warriors x10 w/Raider with disintergrator cannon150pts Elite Incubi x4 w/Venom (Haemonculus joined in the squad to give FnP) 143pts Heavy Support Ravager w/ Flickerfield 115 pts 598 Points

Electrafied
06-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey guys, I am the Dark Eldar opponent and as you already know my list is:

HQ
Haemonculus --------------------------------------------------------------------- (50pts)

Troops
Wracks x8 w/Raider ----------------------------------------------------------- (140pts)

Kabalite Warriors x10 w/Raider+Disintegrator Cannon ------------------ (150pts)

Elites
Incubi x4 w/Venom (Haemonculus is attached to the squad for FnP) -- (143pts)

Heavy Support
Ravager w/ FlickerField ------------------------------------------------------ (115pts)

The detail (Kinda)
First of all you're probably thinking why I have no wyches. The simple reason is, they're far too big of a target if i took a squad of 8 Wyches in a Raider instead of the Wracks they're gonna be a waste of a good 140 points, so instead I have the wracks, a somewhat efficient Close combat unit eligible to a 6+save and FnP, The save is generally worse, but they are less of a threat than the wyches and can be an overall more effective unit in these smaller point games.
Second of all, the incubi, these are an effective unit that it seems a lot of my opponents tend to look over, I for one have not seen many other DE armies running them so they tend to be a stranger carrying a 3+ 4+ along with 16 power weapon attacks on the charge, effective against tactical marine squads.

The Gunline
The armies gunline consists of:
4 Dark Lances( Strength 8 AP 2 Lance)
1 Disintegrator Cannon ( Strength 5 AP 3 Heavy 3)
10 Splinter Rifles (Poison 4+ AP 5 Rapid Fire)
And 1 Splinter Pistol (Poison 4+ AP 5 Pistol)

The charging assault
I'll go over each unit and how many of each attacks it gets on the charge:

The Wracks have 24 Poisoned 4+ Close combat attacks.

The Warriors have 20 normal attacks

The Incubi + Haemonculus have 16 power weapon attacks and 3 poison 4+ Attacks

If there is anything further you would like to know please just ask, thanks if you read it all. :)

commissar camenzuli
06-21-2012, 12:11 PM
How do i make u surrender

Electrafied
06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
How do i make u surrender
You don't :)

commissar camenzuli
06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Damn

commissar camenzuli
06-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Will this list kill u;
HQ (145pts)

Necron Overlord (145pts) Ever-Living, Independent Character, Reanimation Protocols

Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts) (Mindshackle Scarabs), Resurrection Orb (30pts) (Resurrection Orb), Warscythe (10pts)

Elites (200pts)

Lychguards (200pts) 5x Lychguard (200pts) 5x Warscythe

Troops (247pts)

Necron Warriors (117pts) 9x Necron Warrior (117pts) Reanimation Protocols

9x Gauss Flayer (Gauss Weapon)

Electrafied
06-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Let them decide...

Demonus
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
D Lord
3 Wraiths (2 with Coils)

5 Immortals Tesla
5 Immortals Tesla
5 Immortals Tesla

An Barge
595pts

Take out his Ravager first if possible.

*edit*

a lot will depend on your scenery, who goes first, etc. I often play against DE and have only lost once, when my opponent knew what I was playing and tailored his list to kill me. I find Necrons and DE to be great armies to fight one another. sorry i cant be more help, i rarely play less than 1500pt lists.

Electrafied
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Mind going into a little more detail of what I'd be facing here please? 'Cuz I tend to play highly different depending on the units used and what they can do...

thecactusman17
06-21-2012, 03:20 PM
I like that new list. Instead of lychguard, consider 12 scarabs (groups of for would be smart) or even another squad of warriors, then give a squad a veil of darkness to get then in striking distance of the venom. Ramming scarabs into the immortals will so them just outside your lines giving you an extra turn of shooting. Stop the incubi as far away from your front lines as possible. And most of all: never forget that your Gauss weapons can still kill all of his vehicles thanks to open topped, meaning that even the glances can kill him outright.

alshrive
06-22-2012, 02:25 AM
As i said. School league says 600pts and one hq and 2 troops compulsury. And only one fast attack, elite or heavy support

i thought you said school league is one elite, fast or heavy. that would make this list illegal due to incubi AND a ravager, wouldn't it?

Electrafied
06-22-2012, 10:31 AM
He wrote it down wrong, I am one of the players in the tournament and the list requirements are:
No more than 600pts
Must have 1 HQ and 2 troops
You can Have 1 Elite
You can have 1 Heavy Support OR 1 Fast Attack

thecactusman17
06-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Ok, the most recent list with ten scarabs instead of lychguard, then give each warrior squad a bare cryptek to kill the incubi with s5 ap3.

alshrive
06-25-2012, 08:56 AM
i am working on a 500 point army at the moment that is
Szeras (HQ)
9 Tesla Immortals- with Night Scythe (Troops)
11 Warriors (Troops)

that comes in at 496 points and includes a flyer, i would honestly look at getting more bodies in your force. if i was doing a 600 point list. the list above would be my basis, but i would add a warrior and then as my heavy an anni barge.
By my quick mental maths that would be 599 points. this would have enough bodies to hold objectives, enough armour to make your opponent nervous and also has enough armour killing (gauss to strip hull points and szeras!).

commissar camenzuli
06-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Dunno. How bout this;
Imotekh
10 warriors
5 warriors
night scythe.
That eaquals 595 points

alshrive
06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
too many points in your HQ, thats nearly a third of your army! i went min on HQ to be perfecetly honest, HQ's do not win games.

commissar camenzuli
06-25-2012, 01:49 PM
This maybe???
HQ (250pts)

Necron Overlord (250pts) Ever-Living, Independent Character, Reanimation Protocols

Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts) (Mindshackle Scarabs), Phase Shifter (45pts) (Phase Shifter), Resurrection Orb (30pts) (Resurrection Orb), Warscythe (10pts) Royal Court (60pts) Harbinger of Despair (60pts) Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols

Troops (260pts)

Heavy Support (90pts)

Annihilation Barge (90pts) Living Metal, Quantum Shielding

Tesla Cannon, Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor

thecactusman17
06-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Drop the phase shifter. Use points for scarabs. 45 points does not get you enough to live through the combat against say a dreadnought and smaller cc units will just focus on the warriors and kill you through combat resolution. But the scarabs can hold a unit in place or weaken a tank enough to shoot it to death after. The veil isn't a bad idea but if you want a shooting army, take a shooty HQ for a fraction of the points.

TL;DR your HQ is tolled all wrong for your army. Either field a close combat force or a shooty force but make your decision and stick with it. At small point games, focus is critical and diffusing your list without a plan to use all of it even when it isn't optimal invites a loss.

commissar camenzuli
06-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Cant. 1 fast attack or heavy support

alshrive
06-26-2012, 02:03 AM
this list lends itself to Shooty. drop some of the wargear it won't help! to be honest- stick with a staff of light, its shooty! a basic overlord with Phaeron and Staff of Light- will do more for this army than all the wargear you have given him.

commissar camenzuli
06-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Necron Overlord (250pts) Ever-Living, Independent Character, Reanimation Protocols

Mindshackle Scarabs (15pts) (Mindshackle Scarabs), Phylactery (15pts) (Phylactery), Resurrection Orb (30pts) (Resurrection Orb), Tachyon Arrow (30pts), Warscythe (10pts) Royal Court (60pts) Harbinger of Despair (60pts) Ever-Living, Reanimation Protocols

Troops (260pts)

Heavy Support (90pts)

Annihilation Barge (90pts) Living Metal, Quantum Shielding

Tesla Cannon, Twin-Linked Tesla Destructor

alshrive
06-26-2012, 09:32 AM
honestly something more like this would work better

Necron Overlord- Phaeron, Staff of Light, Resurrection Orb (140)

20 Necron Warriors (260)

5 Immortals- Tesla Carbines (85)

Annihilation Barge (90)

Overlord into unit of warrior so they are more mobile and shootable and less likely to die due to res orb. Tesla Immortals can harass smaller units hopefully getting plenty of hits. Annihiliation Barge can deal with light vehicles and infantry. and you still have 25 points spare for some upgrades on the lord if you really want.

commissar camenzuli
06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
I might try mine then yours.

commissar camenzuli
06-28-2012, 12:41 PM
ok i bought a doom scythe and its great. please m,ay someone try and put it in a list???
my doom scythe lists arent very good
HQ necron overlord with staff of light 90pts
TROOPS 5 necron warriors 5 necron warriors 130pts
ELITES 5 lychguard with hyperphase swords and dispersion sheilds 225pts
HEAVY SUPPORT doom scythe 175pts
ROYAL COURT necron lord with ressurection orb and warscythe.
that leaves me woth ten points. any list suggestions and comments??? and if you go onto my youtube channel tommorow (danielc194) you may see a batrep testing out this or your list.
many thanks again
commissar camenzuli

alshrive
06-29-2012, 02:10 AM
in a game of this size drop the LychGuard- they are such a huge points sink, those 225 points would get you a full unit of Tesla Immortals AND some more warriors! Much better in my opinion!

commissar camenzuli
06-29-2012, 08:41 AM
One problem. Everything i show is what i have