PDA

View Full Version : New 1000p SOB list

Spellscape
09-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi all
I'd like to play in small tournament so here is mine 1000 Pts

HQ: Canoness (1#, 133 pts)
. . 1 Canoness @ 133 pts (Auspex; Book of St. Lucius; Cloak of St. Aspira; Jump Pack; Mantle of Ophelia; Bolt Pistol x1; Eviscerator)
. . . . 1 Mantle of Ophelia

Fast Attack: Seraphim Squad (5#, 169 pts)
. . 4 Seraphim Squad @ 169 pts (Frag Grenades; Jump Pack; Krak Grenades; Twin Bolt Pistols x2; Twin Hand Flamers x2)
. . . . 1 Veteran Sister Superior (Jump Pack; Simulacrum Imperialis; Frag Grenade (Squad); Krak Grenade (Squad); Brazier of Holy Fire x1; Eviscerator)

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#, 219 pts)
. . 9 Battle Sisters Squad @ 219 pts (Bolter x7; Meltagun x1; Heavy Flamer; Mount in Rhino)
. . . . 1 Rhino (Storm Bolter; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers)
. . . . 1 Veteran Sister Superior (Book of St. Lucius; Brazier of Holy Fire x1; Bolter)

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#, 209 pts)
. . 9 Battle Sisters Squad @ 209 pts (Bolter x7; Meltagun x1; Heavy Flamer; Mount in Rhino)
. . . . 1 Rhino (Storm Bolter; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers)
. . . . 1 Veteran Sister Superior (Book of St. Lucius; Bolter)

Heavy Support: Exorcist (1#, 135 pts)
. . 1 Exorcist @ 135 pts (Exorcist Missile Launcher)

Heavy Support: Exorcist (1#, 135 pts)
. . 1 Exorcist @ 135 pts (Exorcist Missile Launcher)

mkerr
09-26-2009, 06:25 PM
@Spellscape: I really hate playing SoB at less than 1850-2000pts! The army just doesn't work well at that level (troops are too expensive to get enough faith). So I don't envy you trying to make this work for a tournament, lol.

Here are my comments:

1. At 1000pts, you don't need that much bling on your Canoness. I'd drop the Mantle of Ophelia, Auspex and the Eviscerator and buy a Blessed Weapon and Frag Grenades. Saves you 11pts.

2. Seraphim are going to be tough tough in a 1000pt army. I'd go cheap and drop the Eviscerator and Brazier on your VSS. That saves you 35pts (for a total of 46).

3. Drop the Brazier and Books on your BSS and just go with Bolters (yes, it's not ideal -- you'll just have to keep your Canoness near your BSSs). That saves you another 20pts (for a total of 66).

4. Spend 66pts to add 3 more Seraphim.

Let me know how it goes -- going to be a tough one if you come across a guy with a Land Raider, lol..

-- mkerr

DarkLink
09-26-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm going to agree with mkerr here. In such a small game, bodies are more important than accessories. Even with 3+ invulnerable saves, 5 T3 models aren't that durable. Quite a few armies out there wouldn't have any trouble whiping them out through weight of fire.