PDA

View Full Version : 2k Nurgle Demon for 6th

Tepogue
06-29-2012, 05:33 PM
This list is based on the following assumptions from 6th

Slow and Purposeful no longers makes you walk as if in Difficult terrain. No more slow as slug movement,
Feel no Pain is only elimited by instant death (this army is all Eternal Warrior so will always get FNP)

HQ

GUCO
Cloud of Flies (Def/Off Grenades
Breath Of Chaos
Aura of Decay

Epidemius

Herald of Nurgle
Aura of Decay
Breath of Chaos

Troops

14 Plaguebearers - Chaos Icon
14 Plaguebearers - Chaos Icon

7 Plaguebearers
7 Plaguebearers
7 Plaguebearers
7 Plaguebearers

Heavy

Demon Prince, Mk of Nurgle
Demonic Flight
Noxious Touch
Aura of Decay
Breath of Chaos

Demonic Flight
Noxious Touch
Aura of Decay
Breath of Chaos

Demonic Flight
Noxious Touch
Aura of Decay
Breath of Chaos

Ok, like any demon list this requires some luck

Epidemus goes into one of the small Plaguebearer units, the Herald goes into one of the large ones. That makes 10 drops. So a 5/5 split. Ideally the dropped units are Epidemus, the Large Unit with Herald, Guco and all 3 Demon Princes. Epidemus is put somewhere out of sight. The 3 Princes are placed as close as possible to the enemy. Large Plaguebearers somewhere behind the DP wall. Hopefully(unlikely) the Breaths of Chaos reap a few wounds.

Survive Round 1 of Enemy Shooting.

Turn 2, with the new 3+ reserve comes in rule, I should get 3 more units, They get placed within range of the Icon, so no mishaps.

Demon Princes go to work, with Breath of Chaos and Assault, Demon Princes should be Hitting on 3's and wounding on 2's (with a reroll from poisonous) and allowing no armor save) If I get 10+ wounds. All my Plaguebearers will now wound on 2+ thanks to Epidemus. The big thing is if on Turn 3, I get to 15 wounds, then all FNP goes to 3+. Only the Demon Princes don't have FNP. Getting to 20+ well.

The whole army wounds on a 2+, (with rerolls) Ignoring Armor saves, Has 4++ or 5++ with a 3+ FNP.

Of course if Epidemus dies then this all pretty much falls apart. He may need to be put in one of the big plaguebearer units and just stuck into CC somewhere to avoid getting shot to death,

If I got close enough

Millenium_King
07-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I am a fairly experienced player with straight Nurgle daemons. It's a very characterful, fun and rewarding army to play.

In my opinion the first mistake most people make is to grab Epidemius for a small list. Nurgle daemons lack hitting power and taking him means giving up on a second Great Unclean One for a model that will basically hang out in the background. Also, his tally will not climb fast enough for him to be worth it unless you have enough killing power on the field.

Bearing 6th edition in mind, for armies of 1999 points and smaller I recommend...

HQ - Kurgath - The extra wound and attack don't seem like much, but they ARE. Field him. Use him. Love him.
HQ - Great Unclean One - take Cloud of Flies as a minimum. Nurgle always gets charged and this gift is a lifesaver. Other powers are optional but recommended if you can spare the points.

Elites - Either one unit of 7 beasts, or two smaller units. Always give the leader noxious touch. These guys rip through orks, tyranids and lightly armored guys. Marines and Terminators are a different story, so don't take too many of them.

Fast Attack - I've never fielded Blight Drones, but it seems like an awesome idea.

Heavy Support - Take three daemon princes with the following as a minimum: Noxious Touch, Cloud of Flies, Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Gaze. Iron Hide and Wings are optional additions if you want. Deep Striking these guys all in the same area will allow you to FRY a space marine unit with BS5 Daemonic Gaze. Your opponent will NOT expect that in a Nurgle Army.

Troops - As many plague bearers as you can afford.

For armies of 2000pts and larger, in 6th I would certainly take two detachments. With two detachments I would run the above, plus a second Great Unclean One, Epidemius and as many more Daemon Princes as I could afford. Nurgle has to monster mash HARD to be competetive. Plague Bearers and Beasts simply won't rack up the kills against tough enemies and without much shooting you've got to bring out the big guys to rip open enemy vehicles. ALWAYS tag team with your monsters (at least two against a single unit) and you'll be Grandpa Nurgle's favorite in no time.