PDA

View Full Version : Let the rot set in

daboarder
07-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Well 6th is here and the FAQ's are out.

Epidemius turns nurgle units into gods by giving them 2+ poison that rerolls to wound if strength is equal or greater toughness, FNP on 3+ against ALL non S10 weapons, and ignore armour save in combat AND shooting.

CSM:
1800pts

Typhus (yeah he has an axe but he's not likely to drop before he get to strike under the new rules.)

6x Terminators, MoN, 2xPF, HF 4xPLC's

7x Terminators, MoN, 2xPF, RA

7x Plague Marines, PF, 2xPG

2x Oblits

2x Oblits

Daemon Allies 200pts:

Epidemius

6x Plague Bearer's

Seems pretty mean to me, could drop the termies and hoard PM's but I like termies and they butcher in CC.

Brandoncbaker
07-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm sure this type of army list will be one of the more power gamer types.why aren't you using plague marines in place of the standard marines? You will be able to reach the kill count you need for all the extra goodies you listed faster

Denzark
07-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm trying to find a synergy like this - but you seem to forget that 15+ kills are needed to get the true gold - the FNP3+.

How is this slow paced army going to get that many kills?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Maybe add a Flying Nurgle Prince in the Daemons detachment, to get all those yummy Vector Strike kills in. Should be a good way of quickly boosting the killcount.

Brandoncbaker
07-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Princes would be a great alternative.

daboarder
07-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm trying to find a synergy like this - but you seem to forget that 15+ kills are needed to get the true gold - the FNP3+.

How is this slow paced army going to get that many kills?

That is a decent amount of plasma coming out the end of that line. The terminators should also rack up a decent kill count, I know from experience that when that CC squad hits things die. Given the new rules you can't just fob the plasma off by allocation it to the same guy or the guy who took a krak missile to the face, it is a ponderous list I agree but I think it can dish out a lot of pain while steadily advancing. There ins't much more I'd add to the list anyway for that 200pts, perhaps drop a terminator from the second squad and take a nurgle sorcerer or another pair of Oblits but I don't think I will have to stack anti-mech quite as hard this edition. grabbing Epidemius and those 6 plague bearers gives me a nice little objective camper that can hid out of LOS, go to ground and generally not move, I can bring him down off the nurgle icons in the Terminator units if I choose too.

edit: just a reminder that the terminator units kills also count towards the tally.

Millenium_King
07-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Nurgle will punish you for your lack of faith unless you drop those Obliterators.

Take Nurgle Daemon Prince instead. Take a second from your daemon detachment.

Taking Daemonic Gaze on a Nurgle Daemon Prince is a great way to get extra kills. Against MEQ armies, they never see it coming with two to three of their guys drop as soon as he deep strikes in. With the new Swoop rules you can vector strike and hit them with the eyes in the same round.

daboarder
07-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Nurgle will punish you for your lack of faith unless you drop those Obliterators.

Take Nurgle Daemon Prince instead. Take a second from your daemon detachment.

Taking Daemonic Gaze on a Nurgle Daemon Prince is a great way to get extra kills. Against MEQ armies, they never see it coming with two to three of their guys drop as soon as he deep strikes in. With the new Swoop rules you can vector strike and hit them with the eyes in the same round.

hmm tempting, and I do have an AWESOME nurgle daemon prince conversion, but I don't want to be stuck with no anti tank at all. I like my oblits as heavy weapon terminator squads.

daboarder
07-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Just used the original list in 2 games,

Firstly against nid I maxed out the tally in T3 and from there on it was a one sided slaughter fest there was nothing the poor nid play could do and I didn't loose a single model for the rest of the game.

Then played against a classic draigowing list, walked the terminator squads together into the paladin unit, Typhus squared up against draigo and stabbed himself in the foot, made all his 2+ saves and after giving draigo a second chance to drop him promptly tore his head off. My terminators reveled in mutual destruction with the Paladins ID'ing the poor fools and wading out the other side.

Tynskel
07-07-2012, 05:36 AM
I can totally see the FAQ nerfing this.
This is is so full of cheese that you should be embarrassed to have used it.

daboarder
07-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Hardly. Epidemius has done this for plague marines forever nb: it works for enemy burgle unite too

dirkspair
07-07-2012, 07:04 AM
it can get rough if the enemy knows to take out epidimus. but i like the list, it has a good mix of being competitive and stylish at the same time