PDA

View Full Version : Combat Squads in Reserve?

EmperorEternalXIX
09-26-2009, 06:17 AM
I know that you can't split into combat squads and put one of them in reserve. They basically all have to be in reserve or not. But for an upcoming tourney I am probably going to combat squad using Korsarro Khan's "Everybody Outflank!" maneuver.

In this case...I just want to know...do combat squads roll separately for reserves, or is it one roll and the arriving squad splits "when deployed" ?

AirHorse
09-26-2009, 06:24 AM
It says when they are deployed, but they can be deployed seperately so I would assume that means you roll for reserves togetherand then when you deploy roll for outflanking seperately so they could come on in two different places, but have to come on at the same time.

Shallowain
09-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Around here it is played, that you can only split them in combat squads when they are deployed, that means when they already start on the table. If you keep them in reserves you are not deploying them and thus can't combat squad them. The only exception is the drop pod which has a specific rule that overrides this.

SeattleDV8
09-28-2009, 05:34 PM
You don't have to be in the Deployment phase to deploy units.Units arriving from reserves are deployed.
BRB pg. 94 "......the player picks any one of the units arriving and deploys it." (italics mine)
The wording disallowing combat squading from reserve was also removed from the DA codex by errata.

GreenMarines
09-30-2009, 06:11 AM
...they can be deployed seperately so I would assume that means you roll for reserves togetherand then when you deploy roll for outflanking seperately...

First part one roll for both combat squads to determine when they arrive is correct.
The second part with two rools for outflank is very difficult and I clarify it with my opponents beforhand. As you interpret the rules it is good for SM cause you have a better chance to get your units where you want. In most cases, my opponent say, that rules for combat squads are that you can only split them in combat squads when they are deployed. Means in the moment you deploy, you can split into combat squads. But the roll for outflanking is befor deployment so in this case it is treated as one unit and so only one roll.