PDA

View Full Version : 2k pt Wood Elf list (Help!)

Fowlplaychiken
09-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Howdy folks

Im a longtime 40k player and considering getting into fantasy. I played maybe 3 games of fantasy as Wood Elves many many years back (no idea what edition but it was awhile ago). I made an army list similar to the one I had back then, and while I have no idea how to play yet (I plan to start getting models and learn once Ihave an army list to build up to) I was hoping I could have some advice as to the overall effectiveness and balance of this list. Let me know if its god awful terrible or not. If so, feel free to post alternative lists.

The idea is to shoot everything to death with the archers for as long as possible, using the ability to move and fire to attempt to keep range. Skirmish units out front as cover and to break charges. Magic users in the back to magic the enemy and nullify hostile magic (hopefully). Cavalry to stop any quick enemy units that are not easily shot to death, and protect the flanks (as well as lay down some arrow fire of their own).

LORDS:
Spell Weaver
Lvl4
Wand of Wych Elm
Divination orb
Total: 330pts

HEROES:
Spell Singer 1
Lvl 2
Staff of Sorcery
Total: 175pts

CORE:
Blade Guard Unit 1 (x10)
Total: 120pts

Blade Guard Unit 2 (x10)

Blade Guard Unit 3 (x10)

Blade Guard Unit 4 (x10)

Glade Rider Unit 1 (x10)
Musician
Total: 249pts

Glade Rider Unit 2 (x10)
Musician
Total: 249pts

Dryad Unit 1 (x20)
Total: 240pts

SPECIAL:
War Dancer Unit 1 (x15)
Musician
Total: 277pts

TOTAL: 2000pts

Fowlplaychiken
10-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Ignore this, I went with WOC instead. my theory army list (based on some of the models I have) above