PDA

View Full Version : 2500 GK Shunt Rush

slobulous
07-03-2012, 10:52 PM
So with the massive buffs to Jump units, 2+ armor saves, and Monstous Creatures, as well as the nerf to vehicles, I believe my idea for a hyper-aggressive GK list with extreme mobility and precision deep strikes is more viable now. Almost the entire army instantly appears in my enemy's face on the first turn, with my Terminators deep striking on turn 2 where they are needed. What do you think?

HQ

Mordrak : 400
- 5x Ghost Knights w/ Halberds

Troops

5x Terminators : 225
- Justicar w/ Hammer
- 4x Halberds
- Psycannon

5x Terminators : 225
- Justicar w/ Hammer
- 4x Halberds
- Psycannon

Fast Attack

10x Interceptors : 315
- Justicar w/ MC Hammer
- 7x Swords
- 2x Psycannons
- Psybolts

- Justicar w/ MC Hammer
- 7x Swords
- 2x Psycannons
- Psybolts

- Justicar w/ MC Hammer
- 7x Swords
- 2x Psycannons
- Psybolts

Heavy Support

Dreadknight : 235
- Personal Teleporter
- Heavy Incinerator

- Personal Teleporter
- Heavy Incinerator

- Personal Teleporter
- Heavy Incinerator

Total : 2485

Coyote81
07-14-2012, 01:35 AM
I think you should cut one unit of interceptors down so you can free up 150pts, bring coteaz and 3-4 units of 3 acolytes so you can have some home objective holders.

Dalleron
07-14-2012, 02:15 AM
I fail to see how a large portion of your army appears in your face on turn 1. Sure Mordrak does, but no one else deepstrikes 1st turn, unless I've missed something in the GK codex.

Oh, wait, i see what you mean now.

bforber
07-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I think you should cut one unit of interceptors down so you can free up 150pts, bring coteaz and 3-4 units of 3 acolytes so you can have some home objective holders.

Acolytes are terrible objective holders in 6th, unless you plan on taking fortifications, and especially in groups of three.

Considering Mordrak is a GM, it's not that hard to make a unit of interceptors scoring units to be able to shunt around and claim towards the end of the game, should the game call for it.

I'd be careful where you shunt around or who you shunt against. It's very easy for this list to be blown away by anyone packing the ability to return the torrent of fire on turn 1 B, (guard in particular, leman squadrons are a hell of a lot harder to take down now.)

Have you considered just taking a normal GM and another unit of terminators? That way you can take servo skulls if you can free up the points if you really want to deep strike precisely.