x6 psykers
Chimera w/ ML/HB

Psyker Battle Squad
x6 psykers
Chimera w/ ML/HB

Heavy Support:

Deathstrike Missile Launcher w/ HF

Deathstrike Missile Launcher w/ HF

(Possibly Manticores instead but I'm not sure...)

Thoughts? If you want to know how it works just ask...

Silver
09-27-2009, 12:15 AM
IMO youre spending a lot on the vet squads, and dont have enough anti-infantry weapons. the autocannons in the vet squads and stormtroopers might not be enough if you come across a horde.

changing deathstrike missiles to manticores or colossus (colossi? xD) or even a TON of griffons would help this i think.

~Silver

Aldramelech
09-27-2009, 02:04 AM
IMO youre spending a lot on the vet squads, and dont have enough anti-infantry weapons. the autocannons in the vet squads and stormtroopers might not be enough if you come across a horde.

changing deathstrike missiles to manticores or colossus (colossi? xD) or even a TON of griffons would help this i think.

~Silver

Agreed. There's a hell of a lot of short range AT there. Do you need it?

Chumbalaya
09-27-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm not a big fan of naked infantry, but I guess they're sitting in the Vendettas? That'll work fine, though a SWS and PCS might serve you better.

You may also want to consider 2 solo Vendettas and 2 squadron'd Valks with missile pods, 4 pie plates are always useful.

Deathstrikes are funny, a Russ or artillery piece would be more consistent.

drummerholt1234
09-27-2009, 01:51 PM
You are right infantry squads go in vendettas to make them scoring. What do you mean by SWS and PCS serving me better?

The vendettas provide the long range anti-tank which the list would be short on if they were not 4 of them.

I'm considering manticores instead but I don't like russes. One weapon destroyed and they are next to useless...

Chumbalaya
09-27-2009, 02:38 PM
You can have infantry sticking to ground with autocannons to make up for any firepower at range, plus lots of cheap bodies to protect your artillery.

A PCS or SWS can bring flamers and meltas, so if need be you can drop off a couple templates.

Manticores suffer from the same problem :P

DarkLink
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Sisters of battle are quite a bit better than Inquisitorial stormtroopers. For 1pt per model more, you get a 3+ armor save, and with a Veteran sister you can basically make the squad Stubborn (and all friendly units within 6"). If you have the models I'd use sisters instead.

drummerholt1234
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Sisters of battle are quite a bit better than Inquisitorial stormtroopers. For 1pt per model more, you get a 3+ armor save, and with a Veteran sister you can basically make the squad Stubborn (and all friendly units within 6"). If you have the models I'd use sisters instead.

Yeah but which one is better for cheep melta?

Eyespy
09-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah but which one is better for cheep melta?

A squad of veterans with 3 BS4 meltas is only 100 points, how cheap do you need? Speaking of which I would remove the heavy weapons from your vet squads, allowing them more mobility, particularly if you want to transport them, which you will to get them within 6".

Also, having built and playtested a deathstrike, I can assure you that they are not very good outside of Apocalypse. The manticore however, is.

Vendettas are just as awesome as advertised, but 4 is overkill. If you drop just 1 you can have three seperate squadrons. The squadron offers no benifit as they already have extra armour. As has been mentioned, Valkeries with MRP's are very very nice, moving 12" and firing everything, you betcha.

Tool up your infantry squads a little, even if its just to add some flamers. Lasguns only go so far.