PDA

View Full Version : First 6th List: New Look Eldar/Dark Eldar

Autarch
07-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Hey guys. Well with all the changes concerning disembarkation my dreams of a mechanized Eldar Assault army led by Prince Y'riel are on indefinite hold. While its definitely a bummer, its not the worst thing that could happen because while the new rules taketh, they also giveth ;P . The first thing that sprang to mind was the possibilities offered by a joint Eldar/Dark Eldar army spearheaded by tooled up Reavers Jetbikes, and an Autarch led Shining Spears. So here's what I've got so far:

CRAFTWORLD ELDAR

HQ
Autarch (140): Jetbike/Laser Lance/Fusion Gun/Mandi-Blasters
Farseer (198): Jetbike/Singing Spear/Runes of Warding/Spirit Stones
Fortune, Doom, Eldritch Storm

TROOPS
(205)Guardian Jetbikes x6: Shuriken Cannons x2, Warlock: Embolden, Singing Spear
(205) Guardian Jetbikes x6: Shuriken Cannons x2, Warlock: Embolden, Singing Spear

FAST ATTACK:
(237) Shining Spears x5: Exarch/Star Lance/Skilled Rider/Withdraw

DARK ELDAR DETACHMENT

HQ:
(150) Archon-Agoniser, Haywire Grenades, Ghostplate, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow Field

ELITES
(183): True Born x4: Blasters x4
Venom-Retrofire Jets, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields
TROOPS
(230) Wyches x10: Hydra Gauntletsx2, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix- Venom Blade

FAST ATTACK
(294) Reavers x9: Heat Lances x3, Grav-Talons x3, Arena Champion, Agoniser

HEAVY
(155) Void Raven

TOTAL: 1997

So let me explain my thinking. This list is fast, each unit poses a unique threat, every unit has serious anti-tank potential, with independent characters spread across a variety of units enabling a good deal of synergy. My general plan of attack is to start with my Void Raven, and Retrojet Deepstriking Blaster Born venom to start in reserves. My farseer (attached to one of the Guardian JBs) to fortune the turbo-boosting Reavers which will try to begin bladevaning, and cluster caltroping as soon as possible, while the Shining Spears+Autarch follow behind them turboosting, flanked on either side by turbo-boosting Guardian Jetbikes, with the Wyches in their Raider bring up the rear as a sort of "trailer".

With my Autarch giving my reserves a +1, its a very good bet my Blaster Born and Void Raven will be deepstriking a tearing up any armored threats. At which point its almost assured that the previously fortuned Reavers (those that survive the initial reprisal) will have begun Bladevaning the juicest targets, with the Shining Spears +Autarch following up in assault for the kill. The guardian jetbikes with the benefit of Doom will be attacking infantry at range with their shurikats and cannons, with the Wyches with Archon are tarpitting other infantry units, holding them down so my Shining Spears can assist in assault later.

I know my list may seem fragile. But Jinking 3++ fortuned Reavers are going to be very resilient, and with my focus being having them cluster caltrops as much as possible till the late rounds I have a feeling they will last. Same can be said of the Shining Spears who I believe will receive a 2++ jink save when turboboosting which should ensure the fact they pull off the critical 2nd turn assault.

The formidable spearhead of reavers and shining spears should give the rest of my units the wiggle room they need to freelance, utilizing their speed to assist whenever, and wherever needed.

Bear in mind this is my first list, so there maybe some big blindspots in my army concept. Comments and crits please!

Thanatos_elNyx
07-05-2012, 10:01 AM
My farseer (attached to one of the Guardian JBs) to fortune the turbo-boosting Reavers.... But Jinking 3++ fortuned Reavers are going to be very resilient, ...!

The general consensus is that Fortune doesn't work on Dark Eldar Units.

rle68
07-05-2012, 09:48 PM
here is my quick take on this

Eldar Dark Eldar 1850

Eldrad
Pathfinder x's 7
Pathfinder x's 7
Vibro cannon (i have 2 of these which is why i added them )plus they now rock
Vibro cannon

Wraitguard 5 with warlock w/Enhance
wave serpent tlc shuriken cannons

Added the wraith guard for their glance and instant death ability to me no loss versus fire dragons except points

Dark Eldar

Baron Sathonyx (makes helions troops)
Helions 10 w/ heliarch upgrade
Kabalite trueborn 10 (fire dragons on steroids)
4 blasters
2 splinter cannons
4 shard carbines
raider shock prow flicker shields
Ravager
flicker fields shock prow night shields
Reaver jet bikes 6
2 heat lances
Arena champion venom blade

fortunately i have all of this...i might pull the wraithguard for fire dragons i can pull the wraith guard for 2 squads of fire dragons and wave serpents ( i dont have the dragons tho)... ill play it and see