PDA

View Full Version : 6th: 1000point Sisters of Battle first go

badlybuilt
07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
This will be my first go at 6th rules with this army. Normally Uriah + DCA/Crusdaers would be an auto include but due to power weapon AP, I have chosen to leave them out for the time being. This list will most likely be going vs DE, Orks and Eldar.

Saint Celestine ( to join Seraphim)

Seraphim squad (7)- 2x Hand Flamer
Seraphim Superior - Plasma pistol and melta bombs

BSS (9)- Heavy bolter and flamer
Superior- Melta bombs

BSS (9)- Heavy bolter and flamer
Superior- Melta bombs

Exorcist- Storm bolter

Exorcist- Storm bolter

Retributor (6)- 4x Heavy bolter and simulacrum imperialis
Superior- (no upgrades)

The plan currently is to deploy the Retributors in front of the exorcists to create an obscured save and to mow down anything incoming. BSS will either be foddered off to a melee squad or camp and objective... whichever comes first. Seraphim and Celestine will arriving via deepstrike hopefully in the enemy deployment zone. Will be using Warlord: Personal traits. I have given the rule book a good looking at , but I may be missing something using Celestine with the seraphim. Wall of death overwatch = 5 flame templates, seraphim are fearless due to Celestine, Int7 hit and run, Celestine towards to the front abuse closest model and LOS rule.
I would love feedback in regards to a more shooty army since I have been playing melee heavy for 3+ months now.

badlybuilt
07-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Had my first game vs DE today. His list is as follows

2x Wyches (9)- Hydragaulents x2
Hekatrix - Agoniser
Raider- Disintegrator cannon, Night shields

(reserve)
Razorwing Jetfight- Monoscythe missle x4, Disintegrator cannon x2, Spilnter cannon

Hellion (8)- Splinter pods
Helliarch- splinter pod

Baron Sathonyx ( with hellions)

(reserve)
Scourges (5) - Shardcarbine x5

Rolled Purge the Alien and opted for Dawn of War deployment

Turn 1 DE- Raiders both shot into Retibutor squad leaving only 2x heavy bolter remaining.
SoB- BSS Focus fired into hellions in cover killing 3 and Baron saving the remainder, Exorcists failed to dmg the raiders.

Turn 2 DE - Wyches disembark transports and assault 1 BSS sqaud sweeping them. Other wyche squad charges into Celestine and seraphim. Overwatch kills 5, 3 other wyches die to seraphim return attack and get swept.
SoB- BSS and retibutors focus fire at Hellion squad killing all but Baron and 3 hellions. Exorcists strip HP from 1 raider.

Turn 3 DE- Razorwing and Scourges come in and fire on BSS squad killing 4. Wyche squad attacks Exorcist and removes 2 HP.
SoB- BSS squad kills all but 1 scourge. Retibutors kill1 Hellion. Exorcists both fire at Razorwing and remove 1 HP. Seraphim remove 3 HP from last raider.

Turn 4 DE- Razorwing fire on seraphim squads flank killing all but Celestine HF and superior. Wyches assault Exorcist but fail to dmg. Last scourge shoots and assaults BSS squad but dies to Overwatch.
SoB- BSS squad kills remaining wyche squad, Seraphim and Celestine jump within 2" of Baron and Hellions, kill all but Baron and then Celestine kills Baron via challenge. Exorcists both fire on Razorwing and fail to damage.

Turn 5-7(NF) DE- Razorwing flies off board edge and returns turn 6 kills 1 battle sister.
SoB- 2 turns of shooting from remaining models only gain 1 pen roll of immobilized.

Final Score : DE 3 SoB 9 (rolled Legendary Fight for warlord trait)

Almost 30 Missiles and several Bolter/ HB shots into Razorwing did very little, the 6's and Jink save combined makes it very very difficult to damage flyers. It didn't looked too terrible when reading the new rules but in practice it is a nightmare. Celestine and Seraphim combination were extremely usefull, this will most likely be my new auto include.

Elfy
07-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Death Cult Assassins should still work fine against anything that doesn't have a +2 Armor Save and even then the raw number of attacks they can generate should do okay. Cool about Saint Celestine giving Fearless to her Seraphim squad now that Fearless is better. I find that Simulacrum Imperialis are too costly for small point games, but are more useful in larger point games. How did they work out in your game? How did you like having the Heavy Bolter in your BSS squads with the 6E rules? Before I would never take them with BSS squads because my squads were moving around all the time and it would hardly ever get to fire.

badlybuilt
07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Heavy bolters were a great deterant for only having the one model, also the extra shot power did add up throughout.
Prior to 6e , I would only run melta/flamer in the BSS squads. They were used as pressure units to reduce damage to the Battle Conclave or Seraphim.

Regarding Uriach and DCA, I think I will have to up the Crusader count to 4 just to increase survivability. Also rhinos are a little less viable now, the best result I can hope for is I rip the up for the board and get a wreck or explode. Though I doubt most players would enjoy enemy melee units flying out of rhinos in front of them. The only thing transports in 6e make me think of is a bunch of drunk teenagers in shopping carts racing down a hill..... all they need is a curb.