PDA

View Full Version : Kabal of the Weeping Heart (2000pt Dark Eldar)

CookieRaider
07-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Hey everyone,

So, with the release of 6th, I was a bit concerned about Dark Eldar working with the new rules. I decided to use the old list I had been using for a while (which basically incoperates units that I like the look of, because I'd doing this as much for painting purposes as for gaming purposes), and tweak it a bit to make it better suited, in my opinion, for 6th. This basically means only shooty units come out of my WWP, something that I've loved since the old Codex.

HQ
Archon with huskblade, ghostplate armour, shadow field, soul-trap, webway portal, combat drugs
190 points

Lelith Hesperax

TROOPS
10 Warriors with shredder and splinter cannon and Sybarite with venom blade
120 points

10 Warriors with shredder and splinter cannon and Sybarite with agoniser
135 points

10 Wyches with haywire grenades and Hekatrix with agoniser
150 points

9 Wyches with shardnet and impaler and Hekatrix with agoniser, mounted in a Raider (with Lelith)
190 points

9 Wyches with razorflails and Hekatrix with agoniser, mounted in a Raider (with Archon)
190 points

FAST ATTACK

6 Reavers with heat lance, blaster
137 points

9 Hellions and Helliarch with agoniser
169 points

5 Sourges with two heat lances
134 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager with 3 dark lances
105 points

Ravager with 3 disintegrator cannons
105 points

Chronos Pain Engine with Spirit Vortex
100 points

FORTIFICATION
Aegis Defence Line with Quad-gun
100 points

TOTAL - 2000 points

The plan is basically put everything on the table except the Chronos (to power my units and take out units like Necrons and Space Marines, my main opponents), Scourges (take out tanks or other units I'm scared of), second Warrior squad (with agoniser, to shoot then assault) and first wych squad (with haywire grenades - to take out vehicles that are in range). These four will come in through the WWP, which will be deployed asap. The main problem is the lack of assault from WWP, so I'll have to dive for cover. To that end, the Chronos will try and power the wyches, then the warriors, then itself (depening on how close everything is). The reason for the defence line is threefold: 1) cover for my first warrior squad, 2) anti-air, 3) I had an extra 100points...

I was tossing up replacing the Huskblade with an agoniser, but now that independent characters can fight just between themselves, I feel instant death would be helpful.
Anyway, let me know what you guys think. Are there any units that are completely redundant? Any ways to make other units better? Thanks in advance!