PDA

View Full Version : 'Ard Boyz 09

Nikephoros
09-27-2009, 09:44 AM
How did everyone do?

I came in second at mine with Warriors of Chaos.

Got a minor victory over an Empire player round 1. Tabled an Orc and Goblins player round 2 for a massacre. Nearly tabled a Brettonian player round 3 for a minor victory.

I did notice the way the point spreads for determining victory work that it was really, really hard to get a massacre, even against a much weaker opposing army.

A simplication of the list I played...

Lvl 4 Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord on Disc
Lvl 4 Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
lvl 2 nurgle sorcerer on steed
lvl 2 nurgle sorcerer on steed
Khorne exalted hero on Juggernaut

3 units of khorne knights
3 units of 5 warhounds
4 units of slaanesh maurader cavalry w/ flails

I was always outnumbered, but being all mounted I almost always got the charges I wanted. The list was pretty good for me all together. I'd probably lose the prince and add another Sorcerer Lord if I was going to play it over again.

Randroid
09-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I came in second with my Ogres which was a bit of a shock. The last two scenarios helped me out quite a bit.

Nikephoros
10-01-2009, 06:16 PM
From reading people's battle reports it seems like most players weren't the hardcore WHFB players but 40k players who were dabbling. Either that or only the 40k players are writing reports.

lobster-overlord
10-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I too came in second like Randroid, with Ogres. Although, I only had one other opponent... imagine a tournament with only two competitors....

Too bad I can't get away from work to go to the regional. I'd likely come in last there too ;-)

John M>