PDA

View Full Version : Guard Psychers-which order?

gwensdad
09-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I can't seem to find this right now but to what order of psychers do Primaris and Psycher battle squads belong to? More to the point, what is the symbol of that order so I can paint it on a Primaris I'm making?
(I'm away from my books at the moment, but don't remember seeing it there anyway-or I'm blind)

ThePov
09-27-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure they're generally a member of one specific order... some of them may be, particularly a Primaris, but I always got the impression that IG combat Psykers were overseen by the Commisariat. This is at least the case in some of the Gaunt's Ghosts novels, "Only in Death" springs to mind as an example. Not to mention the whole "It's for your Own Good" thing, which seems to point to Commissars at least outranking Primaris Psykers.

You just gave me a cool idea for a Psyker Battle squad, though... Literally in cages/chains, being lead by a Commisar.

Aldramelech
09-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Checked both the "Imperial Infantryman's uplifting primer" and "Imperial Munitorum manual. Neither provide an answer other then that "Psykers are the tools of the commanders to do with as they will".

It is also the duty of any Imperial Guardsman (not just Commissars) to "Shoot them down" if "they begin to behave strangely (outside of their normal strange behavior) or you see them without their normal guard compliment"

One assumes that they fall directly under the Regimental Commander.

schoon
09-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I believe the symbol is typically a winged eye, or some variation of this: Primaris Psyker (http://img14.imageshack.us/i/psyker.jpg/#q=primaris%20battle%20psyker)

brominated
09-28-2009, 12:20 PM
They probably belong to the Adeptus Astra Telepathica which holds all of the Astropaths.

Sam
10-30-2009, 12:28 AM
They probably belong to the Adeptus Astra Telepathica which holds all of the Astropaths.

Unlikely, since the primaris psykers and sanctioned psykers are not astropaths.

Just_Me
10-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Unlikely, since the primaris psykers and sanctioned psykers are not astropaths.

Nope,I'm nearly certain brominated is right. The Adeptus Astra Telepathica handles sanctioned psykers of all descriptions, the Astropaths are just the most well know branch and the one most frequently associated with them.

Kahoolin
10-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Aren't they a branch of the military trained at the Scholastika Psykana? I thought it was like a Schola Progenium for psykers that turned out military Sanctioned Psykers. And according to the guard codex most Primaris psykers are just experienced former members of battle squads... or maybe battle squads are made up of cadet primaris psykers. It's not clear.

At any rate I thought they were just a specialized branch of the guard, like storm troopers or abhumans.

Just_Me
10-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Aren't they a branch of the military trained at the Scholastika Psykana? I thought it was like a Schola Progenium for psykers that turned out military Sanctioned Psykers. And according to the guard codex most Primaris psykers are just experienced former members of battle squads... or maybe battle squads are made up of cadet primaris psykers. It's not clear.

At any rate I thought they were just a specialized branch of the guard, like storm troopers or abhumans.

Precisely, and the Scholastica Psykana falls under the auspices of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica.