PDA

View Full Version : Cancon Epic Tournement Anounced.

floppy
09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi all,
Cancon 2010, will be the 32nd year that Canberra Games Society has ran the event. Cancon is Australia's largest War gaming convention, held in out nations Capital.

Epic Armageddon will be running this year with enough entries. The Booklet is available from Cancon Website (http://www.cgs.asn.au/)

If people want the player pack please email me on [email protected]

This years event will be a Saturday and Sunday Event.

Cheers
Floppy

GR00V3R
09-27-2009, 09:34 PM
AWESOME! Between your Canberra event and Heavy Bolter 2009 in Melbourne, we're enjoying an avalanch of Epic here down under! :D

floppy
09-27-2009, 09:57 PM
hehehe.

Yeah and it is strange that it is two Melbourne boys running all this...

GR00V3R
09-29-2009, 10:23 PM
I had noticed that, yeah.

(How tragic is it for me that I only discovered Epic after I had left Melbourne for Sydney.) :)

floppy
09-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Your Always welcome back.

Also thanks for posting on the Site.. I was a little shocked to see it there so soon..

Big thanks to all the people that put pic's up about Epic... And of course to the all the people BOLS.

cheers

ysambart
10-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Your Always welcome back.

Also thanks for posting on the Site.. I was a little shocked to see it there so soon..

Big thanks to all the people that put pic's up about Epic... And of course to the all the people BOLS.

cheers

Hi Floppy,

I'm organizing Apocalypse Cancon 2010, and am happy to see another BOLS member running Cancon events!

floppy
11-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Ysambart, how is Apocalypse shaping up this year. Have you more titans that you had last year.. the Nyd titans that were on the table last year looked fantastic..

I hope to get 14-18 players for Epic, hopefully if we can grow that number for the following year, we can do a full 3 day event. but it is hard to do that this year without a public holiday on the Monday.

Maybe next year though the 3rd day might just be a mega, demo game participation , with 30K+ points a side.. Of course that planing is still 6 months away..

floppy
11-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Cancon Bye army

Black Templar Crusade

2 Crusade Formation + 2 Neophytes per formation.
2 Sword Brethren, Terminator Formations, + Captain + chaplain + Emps champ
1 Sword Brethren formation + 2 Landraider Crusaders
1 Thunderhawk lander (2 thunderhawks to carry the Landraiders)
2 Thunderhawk gunships
1 thunderhawk Close air support.

Tested it last night was good fun.

(well for me)

CrusherJoe
12-01-2009, 05:06 AM
That's...um...

...that's a lot of Thunderhawks right there. :)

floppy
12-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Yes that is alot of Forge World thunderhawks.

Hi all,
we are just over a month before I have expect to start getting lists in. as such there has been much debate over what lists should and shouldn't be allowed in tournements.

I am currently in the process of putting toget a PDF will all the allowed lists in it. I will endever to include one list from all the major races.

Space Marine
Guard
eldar
Nyd
Tau
Necron
Ork

etc.

but I will not include any Experimental lists if there is already a list for that race.
so hopefully I will be finished early next week if nothing comes up between now and then. so for now please dont use any experiemantal lists.

cheers
floppy

floppy
01-12-2010, 11:43 PM
10 days to go.

I will be pushing live results out to the general public via twitter.

follow us @ cancon_epic on twitter today.

cheers