PDA

View Full Version : Papa Nurgle just wants to give you a hug

Ghostrider
07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Here is my 2000 point Nurgle Daemon list:

Mamon - 185
Epidemus - 110
Herald of Nurgle - 95 (cloud of flies, aura of decay, unholy might and palanquin)

Plaguebearers of Nurgle (13) - 225 (chaos icon and instrument of chaos)
Plaguebearers of Nurgle (14) - 240 (chaos icon and instrument of chaos)
Plaguebearers of Nurgle (14) - 240 (chaos icon and instrument of chaos)

Daemon Prince - 265 (mark of Nurgle, daemonic flight, iron hide, unholy might, cloud of flies, noxious touch
and boon of mutation)

Blight Drone - 125
Blight Drone - 125

Decimator Daemon Engine - 185 (storm laser, dedicated to nurgle)

Epidemus is in the unit of 13 plaguebearers and the herald is in one of the unit of 14 plaguebearers.

commissar camenzuli
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
oooh! nice, plaugey and so cool! thats an army i would not wanna go against, and i play nurgle chaos daemons!

Daemonette666
07-21-2012, 02:39 AM
I would probably throw in a unit or 1 or 2 of Plague Marines and a Chaos Marine Lord like Typhus as allies, as they benefit from the Tally. The are battle brothers so you have 1 or 2 scoring units, that have ranged weapon attacks with feel no pain, so benefit greatly from Epedemius's Tally. Plus Typhus is deadly in close combat.

Suggest taking an Aegius Defence Line and a Comms Relay to guarantee your Daemonic reserves come in in round 2 or 3.

The Blight Drones and 2 units of Plague Bearers are a good base, and using Epedemius and a Nurgle Herald is nice cheap HQ option. I would put them both in the same unit to protect Epedemius from enemy Challenges. If you have the points after taking the Chaos Marine Allies, I would give the Daemon Prince a Nurgle Daemonic Flight to help counter enemy fliers, and harass enemy artillery units.

Although it is not a Nurgle unit, I might even get a unit of Flamers of Tzeentch to help destroy enemy tanks and troops in cover. The Flamers are jump infantry, and their breath of chaos template attack ignores armour wounds on a 4+, and glances vehicles on a 4+. I would probably put them behind a unit that is advancing until I need them, then jump over the unit (to one side) and try to destroy most of the models in the enemy unit's rear/flank. This would thin down their numbers for when you do charge them, and hopefully avoid the nasty troubles you get from Terminators lords absorbing your bolter shots, and using LOS! to deflect those that would hurt the lord. Also Enemy now tend to hide their good power weapon or special weapon troop in their rear and middle now.

Anggul
07-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Seems pretty good. I would drop Noxious Touch and Boon of Mutation from the Daemon Prince. It's strength is already high enough to remove the need for 2+ poison, and Boon of Mutation isn't worth the hefty price as it rarely works. I would give the Herald of Nurgle Breath of Chaos, otherwise he isn't actually contributing much to the squad and you ought as well just have more Plaguebearers. Also, drop his Unholy Might as unless you're going Tank-Hunting with a 2-attack, S5 model, there isn't much point as it will already be re-rolling to wound against most things anyway. Oh, and the Instruments of Chaos, there's a fairly good chance they won't actually help.

This would leave you with 35pts to spare (if you keep the Herald and give it Breath), 110 if you drop the Chaos Icons which are really over-priced but admittedly useful.

Ghostrider
07-23-2012, 06:51 PM
I was thinking about getting some Nurgle marine allies, mainly for toughness 6 bikes. :) Just not sure what all to take out to make room for the allies. I know I'll be looking at the suggestions Anggul made. The blight drones are very useful with their str 8 ap 3 large blast and thanks to Explosion of Pus, they are dangerous to glance to death in close combat. The decimator has a chance to come back from being wrecked. It's a fun army to play. Just wish I had more time to play it.

Millenium_King
07-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Seems pretty good. I would drop Noxious Touch and Boon of Mutation from the Daemon Prince. It's strength is already high enough to remove the need for 2+ poison...

No! No! No! NO!

I've played Nurgle Daemons for years. ALWAYS take noxious touch. Daemon Princes are only S5 - which means they wound Space Marines on a 3+ NOX makes it a 2+ with re-roll. NOX makes you absolute DEATH to enemy monstrous creatures too - especially ones with low initiative.

Tynskel
07-28-2012, 01:04 PM
hahahah! yeah. why would one remove the ability to totally kick butt in cc?

Denzark
07-28-2012, 02:40 PM
No! No! No! NO!

I've played Nurgle Daemons for years. ALWAYS take noxious touch. Daemon Princes are only S5 - which means they wound Space Marines on a 3+ NOX makes it a 2+ with re-roll. NOX makes you absolute DEATH to enemy monstrous creatures too - especially ones with low initiative.

Can you explain that?

Millenium_King
07-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Can you explain that?

Wounding enemy monstrous creatures on a 2+ rules. Hard.

Denzark
07-31-2012, 01:24 PM
No I mean NOX making it 2+ and re-roll...

Ghostrider
08-01-2012, 03:47 PM
No I mean NOX making it 2+ and re-roll...

Poison attacks get to re-roll to wound when your strength is equal to or higher than your victims toughness.

I did make a few changes and got enough room for a third blight drone. I'm waiting for the new CSM codex to try and make an allied force.