PDA

View Full Version : Tau 1500: New Life in the New Edition

ElectricPaladin
07-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Here we go! Between the Forgeworld update and 6th edition let's see what I can do now. It isn't anything special, but I'm looking forward to using it on Thursday...

HQ
• Crisis Suit Commander w/Missile Pod, Mulit-Tracker, Plasma Rifle, Shield Drones (x2)
• Ethereal w/Blacksun Filter, Shield Drones (x2)

Elites
• 3 XV8s w/Missile Pod, Multi Tracker, Plasma Rifle

Troops
• 10 Fire Warriors, Shas'ui w/Markerlight, in a Devilfish w/Sensor Spines
• 12 Kroot

Fast Attack
• Tetra Scout Speeder w/Blacksun Filter, Targeting Array

Heavy Support
• 3 XV88s
• Hammerhead w/Seeker Missiles (x2)

This list plays out in a pretty straightforward way: Ethereal with the the Broadsides so they don't run off the board (that's why he's got the blacksun filter), XV8 commander hangs out with the Crisis Team. Fire Warriors grab objectives. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Tetra can do as a markerlight platform. I've got seeker missiles to help me kill vehicles... so the hammerhead railguns can kill the delicious, squishy infantry inside.

ragnarcissist
07-15-2012, 10:02 AM
needs more suits!!! they kick butt in this new edition! but overall i like what youre trying to do

Tynskel
07-15-2012, 12:09 PM
I would drop one Hammerhead for Sniper Drone Team, and then spend the rest of the points on more suits.

Black Hydra
07-15-2012, 01:21 PM
It seems to be that Ethereals are finally worth it though only when they die. Preferred Enemy on Firewarriors makes them much better.

ElectricPaladin
07-15-2012, 03:14 PM
needs more suits!!! they kick butt in this new edition! but overall i like what youre trying to do

Man, that's almost all the suits I own! Right now - thanks in part to an awesome (free) windfall at my FLGS, I own 7 XV8s and 4 XV88s.

I think I'm going to put my conversion hat on and turn my six spare gun drone sprues into sniper drones (and two of my spare tank commanders into gun drone spotters). Then I'll be able to play around with sniper drone teams... Well, at least two teams. I'll have to hit up eBay for more gun drones and tank commanders to make a third. Luckily they're cheap.

Infinite Freedom
07-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Here we go! Between the Forgeworld update and 6th edition let's see what I can do now. It isn't anything special, but I'm looking forward to using it on Thursday...

HQ
• Crisis Suit Commander w/Missile Pod, Mulit-Tracker, Plasma Rifle, Shield Drones (x2)
• Ethereal w/Blacksun Filter, Shield Drones (x2)

Elites
• 3 XV8s w/Missile Pod, Multi Tracker, Plasma Rifle

Troops
• 12 Kroot

Fast Attack
• Tetra Scout Speeder w/Blacksun Filter, Targeting Array

Heavy Support
• 3 XV88s

This list plays out in a pretty straightforward way: Ethereal with the the Broadsides so they don't run off the board (that's why he's got the blacksun filter), XV8 commander hangs out with the Crisis Team. Fire Warriors grab objectives. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Tetra can do as a markerlight platform. I've got seeker missiles to help me kill vehicles... so the hammerhead railguns can kill the delicious, squishy infantry inside.

Might want to throw some stabilizers on those Broadsides... wait... what does Relentless do in this edition?

Sinistermind
07-19-2012, 11:30 PM
stabilizers are great now that slow and purposeful is no longer moving through difficult terrain, allows broadsides their movement to get fire lanes