PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Demons

Delfin07
07-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Hi everyone,
So I'm getting back into the swing of 40k with the all new rules out. little background, i played marines (who hasn't...), nids, eldar, and some other armies. i am however gonna try out some demons!!! WOOOOT! so here's my first attempt at a list. please give me constructive criticism, and things you found useful for the army.

HQ:

(270) Bloodthirster: unholy might

Elites:

(170) Flamers: (4) bolt of tzeentch

Troops:

(249) Bloodletters: (14) icon

(249) Bloodletters: (14) icon

(112) Horrors: (6) bolt of tzeentch

(95) Horrors: (5) bolt of tzeentch

(95) Horrors: (5) bolt of tzeentch

Heavy Support:

(160) Soulgrinder: tongue

(225) Demon Prince: MOT, flying, master sorcery, daemonic gaze, breath of chaos

225) Demon Prince: MOT, flying, master sorcery, daemonic gaze, breath of chaos

I will add i don't feel like i have enough combat troops, if you have suggestions please let me know.

The way i see the army working is it splits up with one bloodletter unit in each half, so that the icon can be used. on half will have the soulgrinder, bloodthirster, 1 bloodletter unit, and both 5 man units of horrors in it. that way the anti tank/ combat stuff is spread out. please let me know what you think, thank you!

LukePreston
07-14-2012, 04:28 AM
I've been trying my daemons out in 6th too :)
Bloodcrushers are your friends. They're some of the most survivable models in the army and the 2d6 charge range has helped them out a lot. Also, don't overlook the slaanesh units. Rending is pretty good in 6th ed and they can easily glance and rend vehicles to death because of the sheer amount of attacks they have and with vehicles being easier to hit in combat now.

Delfin07
07-15-2012, 07:25 AM
So yesterday I did play a game. However I wanted to try demonettes and did so. I love fiends! So I think I'm ganna try a slaanesshy khorne list. I found demon shooting to kinda suck. It was against necrons, but still, if I take a horror unit it will probably be ten strong. I do love monsterous creatures! They are awesome! And how beasts just trample through terrain now! Lots of cool stuff in 6th.