PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Vanilla Marines w/ Inquisition

Aya
09-28-2009, 12:02 AM
So I finally got some time to sit down and work on my list (I've been really busy). I through around some ideas and played a few games before coming up with this. I used to run Shrike but he hasn't been working for a while so I tried a new incarnation of my list.

HQ
Chaplain w/ terminator armor
I dropped Shrike for the Chaplain for a couple reasons. After playing around some I decided that while Shrike is cool, he just doesn't work very well. Fleet is wonderful, but it doesn't work very well with a mechanized army that can't assault out of it's main transport. So I switched for my second favorite, the Terminator Chaplain.

Inquisitor Lord w/ hood, artificer armor & psycannon
Henchmen: 3 mystics, 2 heavy bolter servitors, 1 plasma cannon servitor
Yeah, yeah, he doesn't really fit. I took him mainly for his psychic hood to give myself a chance against against some of the Rune Priest cheese that's just over the horizon. I know a Librarian might fit a bit better, but honestly, the space marine Librarian kinda sucks. To take full advantage of him and his 24" hood you need to have him in the middle of the table kicking heads. Thing is, with no invulnerable save he tends to die a lot. The Inquisitor can hang around in the back field and dominate the entire table. That and his retinue gives my army some much needed anti horde.

Troops
10 man tactical squad w/ meltagun, multimelta, combimelta, fist
Droppod

10 man tactical squad w/ meltagun, multimelta, combimelta, fist
Rhino w/ extra armor

10 man tactical squad w/ flamer, heavy bolter, combi melta, powerfist
Rhino w/ extra armor

Not much to put here honestly. They're marines, they do what marines do. The only thing I'm having problems with is deciding what kind of heavy weapons to have. The more I play the more I realize that they really serve little to no purpose for me. My army rarely sits still for a turn so most of the time I never even fire them. What's your guys' opinion on this?

Elites
5 Assault Terminators w/ 2 claws & 3 THSS
Landraider w/ multimelta, extra armor

Ironclad Dreadnought w/ heavy flamer
Droppod

Ironclad Dreadnought w/ heavy flamer
Droppod

This is the the hammer of my army. Dreadnoughts come in turn one and hide behind pods, popping smoke just in case. While the do that the rest of the army moves up and provides cover. The Land Raider moves around to position the Termies for a turn 2ish assault to back up the Ironclads.

Fast Attack
Attack Bike w/ multi melta
Some fast moving tank busting. I know one on his own will probably just die, but with so many tanks and dreads on the table he should be ok. I want to add more but right now I only own one. So he goes it alone for now.

Total = 1998

Chumbalaya
09-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Looks good, just a couple things.

Your Inquisitor could use a Rhino or Chimera as protection, his men aren't all that difficult to kill.

Librarians are actually quite survivable with terminator armor and a storm shield. Null Zone is win.

Tacs should have multi-meltas, flamers and combi-meltas. They have a flexible array of weapons and should really stay back holding objectives. Don't bother with fits really, you need to avoid combat. Extra Armor can be avoided, it's too pricey.

Termies are win, but a LRC may help you more.

Ironclads are solid, but Dreadies have longer range and end up cheaper (they're suicide units anyway).

Speeders > Attack Bikes, MM/HF for a cheap and mobile death machine.

Blackjack & Hookers (http://www.bnhblog.blogspot.com)