PDA

View Full Version : renegades

commissar camenzuli
07-13-2012, 12:54 PM
having decided that chaos are awesoem, i decided to create a renegades l;ist. here is one online. what should i do to change it???
HQ =106 pts
Company Command Squad
- Exalted Champion
>Plasma Pistol
>Carapace Armor
-Veteran Renegade
>Chaos Banner
- Renegade
>Plasma Gun
- 2 Renegade
Troops
Militia Platoon Command Squad = 73 pts.
- Champion
- Renegade
>Grenade Launcher
- 2 Renegades
>Las Cannon
- Renegade

Militia Squad 1 = 93 pts.
- Renegade
>Grenade Launcher
- 2 Renegade
>Las Cannon
- 7 Renegade

Militia Squad 2 =93 pts.
(Same as Militia Squad 1)

Militia Armoured Fist Squad = 173 pts.
- Renegade
>Las Pistol and Close Combat Weapon
- Renegade
>Flamer
- 8 Renegade
- Chimera
>Multi-laser
>Heavy Bolter
>Heavy Stubber
>Track Guards

Black Hydra
07-13-2012, 07:54 PM
You really need some Enforcers in some of those squads. What the Heretics have over codex IG is that when they fail a Morale Test and an Enforcer kills the sergeant, you don't reroll the Morale test. You automatically pass it. That is huge and much better. Take advantage of it.

Also some Disciples of Xaphan might not be so bad for infiltrating or maybe even some Alpha Legionnaires.

commissar camenzuli
07-14-2012, 03:15 AM
Tah. Im also looking into starting sisters of battle and having renegades as a side project. But whuch sisters codez do i use???

Black Hydra
07-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Um I'm pretty sure there is only one Sisters codex unless you're talking about older versions. The older codex had ally rules but now that those rules are standard anyway go legit and use the latest codex. As for Sisters of Battle advice I'd go right here: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Sisters_of_Battle

It's not updated for 6th ed yet but I think its tactics are still useful. Watch out it might not be safe for work. I'll post some general advice after I have some breakfast.

commissar camenzuli
07-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Great! another problem though: I have no Sisters models, and to buy them seperatley from gw is too expensive. Does anyone have any???

Black Hydra
07-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Alright so that was a little too long. Sorry about that, had to do other stuff. Really what I have to say about them is to always max out the best units and keep the required troops to a minimum. In the 1d4chan article it'll explain why better, but the short story is that Battle Sisters are equipped for close combat yet they suck at it. With veteran guardsman statlines save for that 3+ armor save, don't ever assault with them (especially now that assault ranges are random). Just kit them out to hurt infantry. The article covers the better units and tells how to maximize your army.

Also allies wouldn't hurt. Since your only scoring units are terrible, having some Assault Blood Angels Marines might come in handy. They would only be allies of convenience but can still score for you.

Check eBay for miniatures or the trading section here. I don't own any SoB models myself and I'm nowhere near the person I know has them.