PDA

View Full Version : Some Converted Scaavies

NonComPoop
07-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Hi, I have started painting a Scaavy Gang recently, they are based around the idea of a cult of Nurgle worshipers, here are a few pics of what I've finnished so far

NonComPoop
07-28-2012, 01:53 PM
here is a newly finished Scaavy w/ 2 heads

kyfer
04-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Going to town with the good old 1001-use mutation conversion sprue. I love them! Reminds me of a better time when GW used to promote creativity and conversions, and White Dwarf was worth buying because it was relevant and had campaigns and scenarios in it. :') nostalgia

Please tell me what you used to convert these, as I can spot a large number of kits used in this. Mutation sprue, zombies, ork boyz, gors, catachans- anything else? PS is the head-hand from the Games Day chaos sorcerer, or did you convert it? :) Would love to see some of the new forsaken and plaguebearer components mixed with this, could be quite interesting.

NonComPoop
05-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks. You nailed pretty much all the kits I used for these fellows. The head hand I just made with a putty eye sculted into a zombie hand. I also miss the days when the models were a little easier to convert. The detail on thier plastics is amazing but they seem more and more set as to how they are assembled. To me a perfect model has a seperate head and arms for posing and as many options as possible.

Edwin Heapy
09-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks for this, I have had a go at converting my own skavies but I was not at all happy with them. Yours look superb yet are very similar in concept to what I was going for. I think the painting makes a massive difference and you have inspired me to get my brushes out.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
07-16-2015, 07:35 AM
Wow, these are great! It really reminds me of the colour plates in the center of the old Lost and the Damned tome. Particularly digging the two-headed fellow.