PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld IA:8 Info

Bigred
09-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Apparently early next year, only a few months away.

Will cover Orks, Raven Guard, and Elysians (who will get an updated list to work with the new IG codex).

Pics below:

BDub
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Awesome stuff. Keep it coming, and thanks.

Aldramelech
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Those seated guys are some of the best models Ive ever seen.

40kGamer
09-28-2009, 11:58 AM
I'll have to hold off on my Elysian Guard army - I'm sure that you need to paint and insert the seated Elysians before finishing the Valkyrie's. They look amazing! :)

Dan-e
09-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Hmm... Raven Guard looks to be getting some love

Jono
10-01-2009, 05:50 AM
I was reliably told (by Simon Egan himself!) that there will be models for a Raven Guard Venerable Dreadnought and at least one character.

Can't wait!

the one
10-01-2009, 10:35 AM
I wanted to do a Raven Guard army when 5th edition space marines came out. Their was no shoulder pads or anything that most other chapters get, so I desided againist it and now I have to many marines from the wrong chapter.

Rant finished. Keep calm and carry on.

ElysianDude12
10-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Those elysians are soo awesome. i cant wait to see what else they come up with between those and the buggy looking thing in another post it should be very promising with what they have up their sleeves for the new IA book

Abominable Plague Marine
10-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Im mostly interested to see what the Storm Eagle is? Im hoping something similar (or exactly) like the Stormbirds used Pre-Heresy.

Katie Drake
10-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Hm, I wonder if this means that Forge World will finally get around to doing Raven Guard should pads with the proper Chapter symbols? I bet a lot of Raven Guard players would really appreciate it.

Abominable Plague Marine
10-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Hmmmm, doesnt seem to have rules for any of the new Ork nasties that arrived at Forgeworld recently that only have unofficial rules thus far.

ElysianDude12
10-08-2009, 10:45 PM
stormbirds would be really cool to see but unfortunately their relevance to the game and the background to the space marines would be kind of unnecessary. not to mention i think the pre-heresy books they are described as being larger than the more recent thunderhawks, as well as more unreliable. but as for the orks, the new stuff they have posted on the FW website.. that mega dread is pretty sweet and hopefully there will be more than experimental rules to come!

Abominable Plague Marine
10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah, Im over hoping for a Stormbird, for the same reasons, plus it would cost more but be less effective (I think it carries more troops though)?

but as for the orks, the new stuff they have posted on the FW website..

As I said, it is unofficial, and looks to remain that way for some time if they are not to be included in IA8. I hope that is just a preliminary Contents page.

ElysianDude12
10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
i think you may be right about the storm bird carrying more troops but yea it would defiantly cost more, however from what one of my friends has been saying (not official by any means) but i say this because he is a rumors and forum board junkie, that the book is supposed to be elysians v orks. so chances seem to be pretty good that all of those rules will become finalized with the book.

Abominable Plague Marine
10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah I carnt see them releasing all that beautiful Ork goodness and then not backing it up with a book for us to buy as well.

blackwolf3231
10-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Nice! I've got an Elysian army waiting on some assembly and painting love right now - 3 platoons worth, plus support: Sentinels, Vultures, a T-bolt, and some other happiness. Would be nice to have them actually fit in with the current rules...

Herald of Nurgle
10-11-2009, 06:29 AM
I wanted to do a Raven Guard army when 5th edition space marines came out. Their was no shoulder pads or anything that most other chapters get, so I desided againist it and now I have to many marines from the wrong chapter.

Rant finished. Keep calm and carry on.
Only Isstvaan legion to have a character in 4th ed codex?

Abominable Plague Marine
10-11-2009, 06:34 AM
Huh? .............Vulkan Hestan..................