PDA

View Full Version : 1750 speedy horde

FortyFourPounds
07-16-2012, 11:08 PM
So i played my first 6th edition game with tyranids the other day and i have to say im really likeing the new rule system. Only part i dont like is the random charge. Otherwise fantastic. Here is the list i took against 1750 tau. Ended up drawing the game, but otherwise they performed rather well. I took a few things a little different then i normally would in my army.

Hq
Hive tyrant with wings, duel scything talons, old adversary, toxin sac, leech and paroxysm
Hive tyrant, armored shell, duel scything talons, hive commander, toxin sacs, leech and paroxysm

My idea with this was to start with both tyrants on the board. Swoop first turn with the flyrant and run forward with the walkrant. Hive commander on the walkrant because he is seen as a somewhat lesser threat then the flyrant. And both psychic powers where key to keeping up with the shooting from the tau.

Elites
Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope

Tank pop with some synapse in the mix. Cant go wrong with these guys. Plus some see these as huge threats so it takes the heat of other MC's

Troops
Hormagaunt 20
Hormagaunt 20
Hormagaunt 20
Hormagaunt 20

Nothing fancey here. Re roll on 1's was just fine and i didnt really have a problem with rolling cause with the number of attacks i was dealing out it only helped. The dice gods love these guys.

Fast Attack
Shrike 4 duel scything talons, toxin sacs

Had tons of options with these guys. You really have to watch line of sight with these guys cause there save sucks to shooting but once your in cc its all gravey. You go first and it really works in my favor with all the re roll to hits and wounds. Movement was great as well. I did lose one squad to a horrible deep strike but hey i like to take risks.

Heavy
Carnifex stock load out.

Simple big scary target

So the over all idea is to use the prefered enemy off the flyrant where i needed it to support the gaunts but it didnt really come into play to much. Zoanthropes did just what they needed to with regards to the tanks. Kept them hiding a bit and force snap fire where ever possible.

Carnifex simply ended up screaming up the board where i would let him leave synapse and allow for 6 attacks and initive 3 on the charge. Against tau it was great but i know against other armys ill be in for some trouble but hey he works as a giant target or great herrass unit. Feed is fun. The shrike where great all around even poped a tank in cc.

The flyrant was the mvp of course where he shined bright. I was able to swoop right up and get in his face. Word of warning. Marker lights are dangerious against fliers if they hit. The extra Bs is rather scary.

The walkrant well he died end of turn 2, shealth suits with crisis commander. There shooting was incredibly lucky. I have never seen some many 6's in my life during that turn of shooting.

I want to talk about tau shooting. Its rediculious now 15" double tap. Please all you tyranid players keep that in mind. It REALLY does make a huge difference in practice. Hormagaunts got chewed good a few times to fire warriors due to this. Cant say i didnt warn you lol

Well thats it for my little list. Re rolls every where is very nice and almost worth the lack of power weapons on the shrikes, it really was. I guess i believe the dice gods want me to force my opponent to roll more saves rather then gaurentee the kill.

Please pick it appart as you see fit. I feel that this list uas the potential to be quite competative but a few tweeks are in order. If anyone would like more info to better provide feedback please ask. I keep fairly detailed notes on what my army does and how well it went. I LOVE MY NIDS!!!!!

P.S if some one mentions tyrant guard im simply going to ignore you because it doesnt mesh with the theme of the army over all.

Filthspew
07-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Im pretty shure snap shots are not improved by markerlights, as you apply additions first and the set values.

Rulebook p2.

I play against nids a lot, and think that 6th is a big boost for them.

Monsters got gold wrapping, of all the assault army nerfs only overwatch and random charge range affect the nids, and most nids lists benefit from the improvements to shooting, and psychics are insane on tyrants.

Not to mention that getting out of synapse and into rage is now utterly and only an advantage.

The nid hordes are suddenly valid again.

On your list, my first thought is that it is fragile.

It doesnt take many large blasts to remove the ability to do damage.

Warriors would be nice, for staying power or to draw battle cannon shots and the like, not only away from critters but from MCs as well.

Horde, warriors and MCs is the target priority nightmare.

Also, I think we will see fewer fists on squad leaders as the risk of that specific model dying is way higher than before.

That makes warriors and their kin a lot more fun as cc units.