PDA

View Full Version : Pure guard 1850 what do you guys think

volrath8754
07-17-2012, 12:59 AM
So i've gotten four games in of 6th so far and won them all (one by a very slim margin) and this is what i've been using.

HQ (165pts)
Company Command Squad (165pts)
4x Plasma Gun
Chimera: Heavy Flamer, Multi-laser
Elites (65pts)
Guardsman Marbo

Troops (860pts)
3X Veteran Squad (180pts)
Autocannon, 4x Lasgun, 3x Plasma Gun

Veteran Squad (155pts)
6x Lasgun, 3x Meltagun

Veteran Squad (165pts)
Autocannon , 4x Lasgun, 3x Meltagun

Fast Attack (260pts)
Vendetta Gunship Squadron (130pts)

Vendetta Gunship Squadron (130pts)

Heavy Support (445pts)

Manticore Rocket Launcher (160pts)
Heavy Bolter

Manticore Rocket Launcher (160pts)
Heavy Bolter

Basilisk (125pts)
Heavy Bolter

Its been working great but i'll be honest my opponents are perhaps playing a bit more casually then me so my results may not be typical what do you folks think of it???

Filthspew
07-17-2012, 11:13 AM
There is a major issue with few bodies. Even vets die from harsh language.

You can really quickly run out of infantry (troops) and then you loose.

The Manticore is awaesome, I run two myself. But with 60 guard wounds in a mech lst.

Its so much easier to pop them in 6th and the faq nerfed them with weapon destroyed.

With so few men and those you have with an offensive role, three heavy vehicles are left vulnerable.

Autocannons with the vets are a waste of points IMO.

You dont want to sit tight but to move. You dont need them, you got 6 TL lascannons.

Overall impression is that your army will break in two.

Chimeras and Vendettas are mobile, three heavies sit at home.

If you want the killall big blasts, Leman demolishers with heavy bolters would be more in sync with the vets.

To make the vets shooting effective, your infantry has to get close to the enemy.

Ordnance barrage then becomes a huge risk to your own scarce scoring units.

Infinite Freedom
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
There is a major issue with few bodies. Even vets die from harsh language.

You can really quickly run out of infantry (troops) and then you loose.

The Manticore is awaesome, I run two myself. But with 60 guard wounds in a mech lst.

Its so much easier to pop them in 6th and the faq nerfed them with weapon destroyed.

With so few men and those you have with an offensive role, three heavy vehicles are left vulnerable.

Autocannons with the vets are a waste of points IMO.

You dont want to sit tight but to move. You dont need them, you got 6 TL lascannons.

Overall impression is that your army will break in two.

Chimeras and Vendettas are mobile, three heavies sit at home.

If you want the killall big blasts, Leman demolishers with heavy bolters would be more in sync with the vets.

To make the vets shooting effective, your infantry has to get close to the enemy.

Ordnance barrage then becomes a huge risk to your own scarce scoring units.

I'm inclined to agree.

volrath8754
07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Fair enough It certainly has its problems. I had a good laugh today my buddy brought 3x land raiders with wolf guard and rune priest with 2x scouts. turn two every thing on the board was dead. Good times. But ya I might drop the bassilisk and defense line and maybe a vet for a platoon or something.

velox atrum
07-19-2012, 10:00 AM
its a Win fast loose fast list... if the maticores do their job the Air-Mobile comes in and mops up. If not going to be a short fight ..

My lists often become this too :)