PDA

View Full Version : Cluster Mines & Infiltrators

VinceBlack
09-28-2009, 05:38 PM
My question is simple, if you have scout bikers with cluster mines and say sniper scouts can you cluster a pieve of area terrain with the mines and then deploy your scouts inside the building without triggering the mines? The mines state that they are triggered the 1st time any unit moves into the terrain, but with infiltration you are never moving just deploying into the terrain.

My roomies and I are arguing this right now.

Culven
09-28-2009, 05:46 PM
They are triggered by a unit moving into the terrain. Units deployed have not yet moved. So, it could be quite fun placing them in terrain, which happens to also have an Objective, then Infiltrate the Sniper Scouts to babysit the Objective.

Dan-e
09-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Seems perfectly reasonable from a realistic stand point... i mean the scouts won't know "where" the mines are but they will have a Safe spot/path they know they can follow...

As far as the objective mentioned by Culven, thats just a cherry on a cake... : ]

keithsilva
09-29-2009, 01:28 PM
LOL I had this happen to me in the Ards Boys, as long as the scouts done move its fine. Fluff wise it would make sense that the scouts would know of the mines and avoid them. I just charged my Avatar in to them took care of that :D

Faultie
09-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Infiltrate is not a Move, as I understand it.

Sounds fun, too!

jeffersonian000
09-30-2009, 12:29 AM
So, if my opponent mines a piece of terrain and I then deploy a unit into the same piece of terrain, that unit cannot be effected by the cluster mines unless they leave and then re-enter the terrain? And if it's a multi-level ruin, I could still change levels and not set off the cluster mines, as it requires the unit to enter the terrain, not move within the terrain, correct?

SJ

Dan-e
09-30-2009, 07:03 AM
So, if my opponent mines a piece of terrain and I then deploy a unit into the same piece of terrain, that unit cannot be effected by the cluster mines unless they leave and then re-enter the terrain? And if it's a multi-level ruin, I could still change levels and not set off the cluster mines, as it requires the unit to enter the terrain, not move within the terrain, correct?

SJ

In theory they mined the area of terrain not knowing your scouts were there if it was the case of an enemy mines and your scouts... but as far as moving in different levels of ruins i would say that would set it off... no RAW to support my stance because i am lazy and don't want to look it up but just because that seems like BS and i wouldn't be able to look my friends in the eyes if i tried to argue it... but that is again just my opinion.

Culven
09-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure of the wording, but if the Cluster Mines are triggered by a unit moving into the terrain, then moving within it (including moving up and down levels) will not trigger them.

Rapture
09-30-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure of the wording, but if the Cluster Mines are triggered by a unit moving into the terrain, then moving within it (including moving up and down levels) will not trigger them.

It sounds legal and interesting. Space marine scouts should be smart enough not to set off mines that they know were deployed.

VinceBlack
09-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'm gonna use this tactic the next time I fight my friends orks or nids. Can't wait to see the look on his face when he goes to get that assault and triggers the mines :eek: