Troops/HQ:
Lord Kaldor Draigo
Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
1 Apothecary (Nemesis Force Halberd)
4 Paladin (Nemesis Force Halberd)

Troops:
Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
5 Paladin (Nemesis Force Halberd)

Fast Attack: x2 (Each Raven will carry Draigo and who he is attached with and or the other Paladin squad)
Stormraven Gunship (Searchlight; Twin-Linked Multi-melta)

Elite: x2 Purifier Squad
1 Knight of the Flame (Master-craft Storm Bolter)
2 Purifier (Psycannon)
2 Purifier

Heavy Support: (Using to get into melee only or be a meat shield if needed to soak up wounds. Goal is to keep him back and use to teleport into critical areas or to contest objectives
Nemesis Dreadknight (Personal Teleporter)

Total Roster Cost: 1847

ksoh75
07-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Let me know what you think....thanks!!!!

ksoh75
07-25-2012, 05:36 AM
ok I let this sok for 3 days and nothing.......LOL

It's a build list for me then!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
07-25-2012, 05:51 AM
I steer clear of Rules and Army List threads, they give me the shivers. :p

Looks fine to me, even if it is dirty Grey Kuuuuuuuuhhh-nig-uts. (Imagine I said the Monty Python line)

celestialatc
07-25-2012, 06:43 AM
My only problem with the list is the Purifiers are very squishy now in MSUs. And not having them in vehicles mean they are slow also.

My suggestion is trying interceptors. I have had great let with a unit of ten with psybolt ammo and psycannons. Letting them outflank means they will probably shot some rear armor the turn they come into the board and give you a unit that can contest objectives at the end game with the 30' jump. They now pair well with the Dreadknight and Paladins. But that's my 2 cents.

If you want to keep the Purifers I would say have them as one squad and combat squad them when you need to. I actually like doing with for a 4 man psycannon squad that is fearless. It's like a devastator squad you can put anywhere with out fear of them failing a moral test.

And Apothecaries at this points level might not be worth it, especially in a small unit. You can get a rhino for the purifers or a xenos inquisitor with rad and psycotopic grenades (well worth the points!).

Last comment is the weapons on the paladins. Halbards are great but you need a little variety. You should have one sword for a higher invul save in CC and one hammer. Being a threat to Land Raiders in CC with the hammer is awesome and having a 4++ in CC is also a good boast (especially in the squad without Draigo).

ksoh75
07-25-2012, 10:13 AM
My only problem with the list is the Purifiers are very squishy now in MSUs. And not having them in vehicles mean they are slow also.

My suggestion is trying interceptors. I have had great let with a unit of ten with psybolt ammo and psycannons. Letting them outflank means they will probably shot some rear armor the turn they come into the board and give you a unit that can contest objectives at the end game with the 30' jump. They now pair well with the Dreadknight and Paladins. But that's my 2 cents.

If you want to keep the Purifers I would say have them as one squad and combat squad them when you need to. I actually like doing with for a 4 man psycannon squad that is fearless. It's like a devastator squad you can put anywhere with out fear of them failing a moral test.

And Apothecaries at this points level might not be worth it, especially in a small unit. You can get a rhino for the purifers or a xenos inquisitor with rad and psycotopic grenades (well worth the points!).

Last comment is the weapons on the paladins. Halbards are great but you need a little variety. You should have one sword for a higher invul save in CC and one hammer. Being a threat to Land Raiders in CC with the hammer is awesome and having a 4++ in CC is also a good boast (especially in the squad without Draigo).

I'm hearing Libbies are pretty tough and GK's can benefit from their powers....this correct? I adjusted for s second list with some of the suggestions you have given. List is below:

1850 Pts - Grey Knights Roster

HQ and Attachements: This unit will DS in the Raven. Having Teleporter Homers on the board will help bring them in when I need them.
Lord Kaldor Draigo
Troops: Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
1 Paladin (Master-craft Nemesis Weapon(s); MC Nemesis Daemonhammer)
Fast: 1 Stormraven Gunship (Searchlight; Twin-Linked Multi-melta)

Troops: Paladin Squad
HQ: 1 Librarian (Servo-skulls x3; Quicksilver; The Shrouding; The Summoning)/(Skulls are there for that 12” screw you during set up)
1 Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)

Heavy Support: (Used to make things it’s ***** or to just be a big pain in the ***. Between Summoning and the Personal Teleporter, I can make opponents hate this thing.
1 Nemesis Dreadknight (Personal Teleporter)

Heavy Support: Purgation Squad x2 (I love the idea of Astral Sight. How man +4 Cover saves can you actually make?? Let alone, this will help with vehicle killing as well as mass troop slaughter. Idea is to keep both squads and give them cover since I’m not using Rhino’s or Razor’s. HOWEVER…..if I do decide to use them, I’ll use them in a 2k game. Teleporter homer is going to be used to help bring in the DS’ers)
1 Purgation Squad
1 Justicar (Master-craft Storm Bolter; Teleport Homer)
4 Grey Knights (Psycannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1846

celestialatc
07-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I love my Libby, especially in 6th edition. A level 3 Libby with divination is amazing! The Primus power is awesome (Guide but with a 12" range, YES!) and the other powers can be over powered.

I had the power to reroll my hits and wounds, and the power to make a target unit reroll it's saves. Used both on a TH/SS unit and ate them alive. It was glorious. Libbies are now my go to HQ. Other might disagree but all my wins in 6th have been with the Libby, it's not a guaranteed win but they are now hugely awesome.

Wildcard
07-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I love my Libby, especially in 6th edition. A level 3 Libby with divination is amazing! The Primus power is awesome (Guide but with a 12" range, YES!) and the other powers can be over powered.

- Hmm, can you use same psychic skill more than once per turn (if it is not a witchfire)?
- Can blessings be used at all if the model is locked in close combat?

Two questions we came up last game, and couldn't find, so we rolled it off.. but would be nice to know..

Kyban
07-25-2012, 01:05 PM
- Hmm, can you use same psychic skill more than once per turn (if it is not a witchfire)?
No
Yes

Two questions we came up last game, and couldn't find, so we rolled it off.. but would be nice to know..

I'm relatively sure those are correct but they should be in the psyker rules, don't take my word for it.:o
(Don't have my BRB right now)

ksoh75
07-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm relatively sure those are correct but they should be in the psyker rules, don't take my word for it.:o

Very cool!! I'm basically going to use a PGK themed army. I was reading about how nasty a Libbi is but I want to use him more geared towards my Pallies then anything.

So spending the ectra 50pts on a Dragowing army is not too important to me.

HOWEVER.....I think purifiers are a bit more important then purgation squads.....being the fact that they have clensing flame...so if they get assualted.....then all would be attackers need to make a 4+ save or c-ya.....

As much as I like Astral Aim....I'm not sure if shooting to death an army is more worth it then a free kill on a 4+ before I eat you up with my Halberds.....

celestialatc
07-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Very cool!! I'm basically going to use a PGK themed army. I was reading about how nasty a Libbi is but I want to use him more geared towards my Pallies then anything.

So spending the ectra 50pts on a Dragowing army is not too important to me.

HOWEVER.....I think purifiers are a bit more important then purgation squads.....being the fact that they have clensing flame...so if they get assualted.....then all would be attackers need to make a 4+ save or c-ya.....

As much as I like Astral Aim....I'm not sure if shooting to death an army is more worth it then a free kill on a 4+ before I eat you up with my Halberds.....

Divination has a Astral Aim type power. Well it ignores cover saves instead of ignore LOS but it's pretty awesome.

Kyban
07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Divination has a Astral Aim type power. Well it ignores cover saves instead of ignore LOS but it's pretty awesome.

Although, ignore cover + astral aim would mean that they could fire at a unit without line of sight and not grant them cover! :D

ksoh75
07-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Although, ignore cover + astral aim would mean that they could fire at a unit without line of sight and not grant them cover! :D

Holy crap.......that would........BUT.....I retweaked my list and since purifiers are cheaper in points the purg.......I would have to eliminate someting else.....I even managed to give my DK a Psycannon.....

See below tweaked....

1850 Pts - Grey Knights Roster - GKLib1850list

HQ: 1 Lord Kaldor Draigo @ 275 pts
TROOPS: (Psybolt Ammunition)
1 Stormraven Gunship (Searchlight; Twin-Linked Multi-melta)

HQ: 1 Librarian (Servo-skulls x2; Quicksilver; The Shrouding; The Summoning; Master 3)

Elite:
1 Purifier Squad
1 Knight of the Flame (Master-craft Storm Bolter; Nemesis Force Halberd)
4 Purifier (Psycannon)
5 Purifier (Nemesis Force Halberd)

Heavy Support: Nemesis Dreadknight
(Personal Teleporter; Heavy Psycannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1848

ksoh75
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
OK...worked in the master 3 Libby in points with Purgation Squad.....mwhahahahhaa

1850 Pts - Grey Knights Roster - GKLib1850listv2

Fast Attack:
HQ: 1 Lord Kaldor Draigo
Troops: 1 Paladin Squad (Psybolt Ammunition)
1 Paladin (Nemesis Daemonhammer)
1 Stormraven Gunship (Twin-Linked Multi-melta)

1 Librarian (Quicksilver; The Shrouding; The Summoning, Master 3)
1 Paladin (Nemesis Daemonhammer)

Heavy Support: Nemesis Dreadknight
1 Nemesis Dreadknight (Personal Teleporter)

Heavy Support: Purgation Squad x2
1 Justicar
4 Grey Knights (Psycannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1850

ksoh75
07-25-2012, 06:57 PM
ok any thoughts on the last 2 lists??

Wildcard
07-25-2012, 09:25 PM
You lose a lot of your libbys potential if you dont take 3x offensive + 3x defensive psychic skills (because you can use 3x power in your turn, and then 3x power in enemys turn)

Unless you are always going to activate your force weapon and cast hammerhand with the quicksilver.

But you should keep in mind that most (if not all) GK HQ options are primarily support HQs in one way or another. (Or more likely, their role is to bring alot more to the table than just themselves - when opposed to say, blood angels, who got devastating melee monster HQs in their own right, if you see what i mean)

Also, i would consider dropping the psybolts of from those 5man paladin squads, and perhaps try to find some ways to get 2x special weapons in there (either incinerators, or psycannons if you can find the points)

Also, even while 8x psycannons are a formidable amount of fire (from 2x 4x purgation squads) they are still gonna be easy targets, and start losing their members fast, since you gonna need to be within 24" of the enemy (and that 4+ astral aim cover save is gonna make you mad, when half of your glan /pen shots are ignored on vehicles ifi you choose to stay out of LoS)

-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
No
Yes

I'm relatively sure those are correct but they should be in the psyker rules, don't take my word for it.

I'd like a clarification to this aswell: I was under the imperssion that if something, it was the other way around. I cannot find anywhere it being stated that other than witchfires cannot be used more than once per turn, and (what i meant by unit in the question was a librarian itself locked in close combat) when for example a blessing is cast at the start of the librarians movement phase, its stated that along the lines that unit locked in close combat cannot move or shoot etc, thus leading to the assumption (again, haven't read any specific anywhere) that it would forego its movement and shooting phases if it was locked in CC..

If someone could point out pages, or open the meaning behind the wordings, i would surely appreciate it! :)

clarkie88
07-26-2012, 12:36 AM

That's 'all models are wounded on a 4+, armour saves are taken as normal'.

ksoh75
07-26-2012, 05:31 AM
That's 'all models are wounded on a 4+, armour saves are taken as normal'.

Thats why I switched them out...lol

ksoh75
07-26-2012, 05:34 AM
[QUOTE=Wildcard;223294]You lose a lot of your libbys potential if you dont take 3x offensive + 3x defensive psychic skills (because you can use 3x power in your turn, and then 3x power in enemys turn)

Unless you are always going to activate your force weapon and cast hammerhand with the quicksilver.

But you should keep in mind that most (if not all) GK HQ options are primarily support HQs in one way or another. (Or more likely, their role is to bring alot more to the table than just themselves - when opposed to say, blood angels, who got devastating melee monster HQs in their own right, if you see what i mean)

Also, i would consider dropping the psybolts of from those 5man paladin squads, and perhaps try to find some ways to get 2x special weapons in there (either incinerators, or psycannons if you can find the points)

Also, even while 8x psycannons are a formidable amount of fire (from 2x 4x purgation squads) they are still gonna be easy targets, and start losing their members fast, since you gonna need to be within 24" of the enemy (and that 4+ astral aim cover save is gonna make you mad, when half of your glan /pen shots are ignored on vehicles ifi you choose to stay out of LoS)

/[QUOTE]

See, this is were the Libraian will come in handy....