Troop:
Tactical Squad (10) w/Las Cannon, Meltagun, Rhino w/Dozer = 225pts
Tactical Squad (10) w/Las Cannon, Flamer, Rhino w/Dozer = 220pts
Tactical Squad (10) w/Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun, Rhino w/Dozer = 225pts

Fast Attack:
Stormtalon Gunship w/TL-Assault Cannon/TL-Las Cannon = 150pts
Stormtalon Gunship w/TL-Assault Cannon/TL-Las Cannon = 150pts

Allies HQ:
Eldrad Ulthran = 210pts (5, Divinations)

Troop:
Pathfinder Rangers (9) 216pts

I have been having fun with this build. Sometimes I drop 3 pathfinders and replace the assault terminators with tactical terminators (10) w/cyclone missile launcher/chainfist, assault cannon = 465pts.
Lets me get some use from Lysander's Bolter Drill. Lately; I have been thinking it would be better to drop a las cannon from a tac squad along with the 3 dozer blades and purchase a 10th pathfinder. 2 (5) model squads taking out select targets could be helpfull. Will playtest soon.

Early game: I like to use terrain to advance the terminators. I enjoy deploying them and using them to distract. The rest of the army has a defensive feel, using ranged fire in a attempt to punch holes in my opp's line.
Mid game: Once the terminators make contact, I begin aggro maneuvers with the tactical squads. Hopefully both Gunships (Eldrad can help with this) are on the field and attempting to widen (achieved by a combination of kiteing and cannon fire) the gaps made by the earlier couple rounds of shooting.

Bellumvinco
07-21-2012, 09:56 PM
constructive critisism encouraged

Aramel
07-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Well Eldar are not battle brothers with Marines, so Eldrad (who has 4 powers btw, not 5) cannot join marine squads nor cast blessings on your Marines. If you are leaving him with his pathfinders all game, seems like a waste of points. You might as well get a regular farseer with one power and runes of warding/witnessing. That way you can still dampen enemy psychers and allow the pathfinder to re-roll to hit or ignore cover etc...

The only thing that might make Eldrad worth it is if you have many units in reserve and get the 6th Divination power. That power lets the controlling player to roll 3 dice for reserver & outflank. Because it does not specifically target a unit, it lets you go around the allies psychic power limitations.

Bellumvinco
07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Well Eldar are not battle brothers with Marines, so Eldrad (who has 4 powers btw, not 5) cannot join marine squads nor cast blessings on your Marines. If you are leaving him with his pathfinders all game, seems like a waste of points. You might as well get a regular farseer with one power and runes of warding/witnessing. That way you can still dampen enemy psychers and allow the pathfinder to re-roll to hit or ignore cover etc...

The only thing that might make Eldrad worth it is if you have many units in reserve and get the 6th Divination power. That power lets the controlling player to roll 3 dice for reserver & outflank. Because it does not specifically target a unit, it lets you go around the allies psychic power limitations.

Yeah, I have ran into the problem of them not being battle brothers. Tested out Telepathy with the idea that I may not be able to Fortune the assault terminators, but I can Doom what they are fighting. Muhaha...over-kill. All of a sudden Eldrad is a force of nature on the table! Made 1 roll in Divination attempting to get Scrier's Gaze, if not I take Prescience (Primaris Power). The next 3 rolls I roll in Telepathy, trying to get a nice combo. Terrify/Hallucination can be scary. If I get it the last roll I go after Scrier's Gaze again.

Eldar codex page 51. Eldrad is a psyker and has the Eldritch Storm (1), Fortune (2), Guide (3), Doom (4) and Mind War (5) psychic powers.

I have been leaving him with the rangers. Mostly the farseer/rangers combo is there to counter my buddies 2 FMC deamon princes of Khorne. Str 7 Vector Strike hurts. The combo does a nice job.

I do very much like the advice of playing with a regular farseer though.

Dropping Eldrad - 210pts = 1786pts

adding Farseer w/RoWa, RoWi, 40pts for 2 powers + 120pts = 1906pts
Taking 2 powers gives me 2 rolls for a try at Scrier's Gaze. What ever the 1st roll is I keep it. Since I can't have that number twice, I am forced to re-roll it if I roll it again. If my 2nd roll isn't Scrier's Gaze is switch it for Prescience (Primaris Power).

Since I'm initially using the rangers to fire at FMC, I need a 6 to hit, downgrading the Pathfinders to rangers
gives me 45pts back = 1861pts.

Adding a (10th) ranger + 19pts = 1880pts

This leaves me with enough pts to add a Predator w/Autocannon turret and side sponson lascannons.
+ 120 = 2000pts. Extra cannons are always nice.

Thanks! You really made my brain re-work that puzzle. I like the army even more.

Aramel
07-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Eldar codex page 51. Eldrad is a psyker and has the Eldritch Storm (1), Fortune (2), Guide (3), Doom (4) and Mind War (5) psychic powers.

Yes, but the Eldar FAQ says explicitly that Eldrad is limited to 4 powers, not quite sure why, but he can still cast the same power twice out of combat and 3 different ones at all times and ignores armor. So overall he can be very cost effective.

From what you wrote is sounds like you are using Doom and Rulebook powers. The FAQ also states that you must choose either codex powers or rulebook ones. Sorry if I misread.

Kyban
07-25-2012, 08:20 AM
You're really only benefiting from offensive powers and I don't see the Eldar allies as that great of a choice. If you're looking for psychic defense use space puppies.

Aramel
07-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Meh the average roll on 3d6 is 9. Most psychers have ld 10. Runic staff only affects powers within 24 and blocks half of them. Runes block about the same number on average and kill people... Runes are far superior psychic deterrants.

Coyote81
07-27-2012, 03:28 AM
Meh the average roll on 3d6 is 9. Most psychers have ld 10. Runic staff only affects powers within 24 and blocks half of them. Runes block about the same number on average and kill people... Runes are far superior psychic deterrants.

Actually the average roll is 10.5. Please don't do mathhammer and do it wrong. Really screws people over sometimes. but I do agree that Eldar psychic defense is far superior to Space Wolf psychic defense.

Kyban
07-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Actually the average roll is 10.5. Please don't do mathhammer and do it wrong. Really screws people over sometimes. but I do agree that Eldar psychic defense is far superior to Space Wolf psychic defense.

Yeah, Eldar psychic defense is better but space wolves provide pretty good psychic defense with better troops and other allied options.

Xarplo
07-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes, but the Eldar FAQ says explicitly that Eldrad is limited to 4 powers, not quite sure why, but he can still cast the same power twice out of combat and 3 different ones at all times and ignores armor.

Eldrad can only cast the third power if he is not in combat. This third one can be one he's already cast. Still awesome, but less good when in combat.