PDA

View Full Version : Skaven in the Ard Boyz!

Dooley
09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Ok, so I landed a spot in the next round of the Ard boyz tourney with my Skaven, and I realized I am going to be GROSSLY outclassed, army wise. I have not played Fantasy that much and am REALLY rusty with the Rat men, especially at 3k points. So I am looking for suggestion on putting together a decent Skaven Army that will put up a decent fight. Im not looking to win, but it would be great if I diddnt get tabled on turn two!

I now know that Rat Ogres are a complete waste of points. I believe they were coined "the worst BIG in the game"! Also the Warp lightning cannon, fun as it may be, it is completely unreliable, and its lacking of wound multiplying hits makes it a poor monster/character killer. The Grey Seer on the Screaming Bell, all be it fun, is also utterly unreliable, and the Grey Seer is probably never going to be able to get the big spells off without every dispel scroll and dispel dice being thrown at him!

So here is what I have come up with!

Warlord: GEN
Desolate Blade (2+ strength)
Warpstone Armor 4+ save
Warpstone Amulet 4+ Ward Save
Shield +1 Save
Pistol
All this gives him St 6 a Save of 3+ and a 4+ Ward Save! Sure he can die AFTER the game on a 1 but Im thinkin thats pretty gross!

Warlord:
Fell Blade (St 10 D6 Wounds, on a 1-2 I take a wound)
Enchanted shield 5+ Save
Hvy Armour
Pistol
He is a 4 attack portable cannon ball, I would like to use to smack the Bigguns* with!

Chieftain:
Battle Standard bearer
Enchanted Banner (Sacred Standard of the Horned Rat, Unit Causes Fear)

3 Warlock Engineers:
Full Kit
1 Dispel Scroll

1 Engineer has Warpstone Charm (re-roll one dice roll once per game)
1 Engineer has Storm Deamon (Bound Spell (5) all flying units w/in 24" take D6 St 6 Hits one use only)
1 Engineer has warpstorn Scroll (Bound spell (4) casts warp lightning)

3 Squads of 50 Slaves:
they get nothing, they are Slaves!

2 Squads of 25 Clan Rats
Standard Musician
Rattling Gun

1 Squad of 25 Clan Rats
Standard Musician Spears
Warpfire Thrower

26 Storm Vermin
Full Command
Umbranner (4+ Wsv Vs St4 or less missiles)
Shields
Warpfire thrower

3 Squads of 6 Jezzails

1 Squad of 6Tunneling Gutter Runners
Poison Weapons
Poison Throwing Stars

*Bigguns= anything with multiple wounds that I cant shoot to death! ie Dragons, giants greater Daemons, Vampire Lords embedded in tomb Guard etc!

And all that only adds up to 2624 points! The only problem I have with this is that it has no POP! Or kill Mechanism! I guess I can try and combat res people to death but that only goes so far! And I only have 5 dispel dice wich kinda worries me! Also I am running out of MODELS! as it is I may be a few Jezzails Shy of what I need!

So as you can see I have a good bit of room for tweaking! I could drop a squad of Jezzails and beef up the other two and add in two squads of 3 rat Ogres (im thinking they could flank my Block of Fear Causing Stormvermin!) But I think the points could be spent somewhere else.

Let me know what you guys think I should add or take away!