PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Necrons

The wolf's claw
07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
hey, ive been using this army list recently and its been working well, its got speed adaptability and lots of firepower. Just thought i'd put it here and see what other people think of it, so criticism and complements welcome :)

Nemesor Zahndrekk
accompanied by 10 warriors

Vargard Obyron
accompanied by 5 lychguard

Cryptek w/ Veil of darkness, and abyssal staff
accompanied by 6 Immortals w/ gauss blasters

5 warriors

5 destroyers
w/ 2 heavy gauss cannons

triarch stalker
w/ heat ray

Monolith

Black Hydra
07-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Yay! Someone else uses the Monolith like me. :) Anyway, I don't use neither of the HQ's you're using but this list seems to be teleportation happy. How do your opponents react to it?

Also that 5 Warrior squad seems kind of naked. I assume they sort of stay in the back field capturing the closest objective? I would add them to Zahndrekk's squad if anything. Necrons don't really benefit much from MSU style especially troops choices. You really need the bodies so Reanimation protocols have a better chance of kicking in.

I have to say the list looks deceptively small but then I realized one of my 1500 pts armies looks about the same. I especially love how people think that because our lists are small that it'll be an easier match. I think even the Eldar player out manned me by around 20 models at least and still lost (granted he was sort of a starting player).

Seems like a good list. I'd go for one more Stalker in higher points games though. Need that redundancy.

Nachodragon
07-26-2012, 08:41 PM
What are the Lychguard using? Warscythes or Sword and board? Assuming sword and board as you need a turn to be able to assault...

I would say if you could put a second Stalker in the list it would be better for redundancy and you could cover both sides of the board. I have ran them recently and they are awesome. Potentially drop the 2 heavies, though keep the destroyers. The s9a2 is nice but having more chances to shoot is where the Necrons really start to shine, especially if you can fit in the second stalker.

I have yet to use the Monolith so can't say much about it. Seems to be too slow, especially since a Ghost ark can move 18 a turn (12 in movement and 6 flat out) if you don't need to shoot.. Though, it does have a ouple nice guns, but I don't think enough to compensate, but again, I haven't used one, so haven't developed strategies around the teleporting.

Other then that it is hard to go really wrong with Necrons now, their Gauss is the death of pretty much anything if you shoot enough of it. And, Tesla is king. Annihilation barges are where its at. Even shooting at flyers, Strength 7, 4 shots and Tesla loves to roll 6's (2 more auto-hits) and the gun is twin-linked.

Black Hydra
07-26-2012, 09:25 PM
The good thing about Monoliths is that they get a jink save. AV 14 all around and they still are pretty good at not dying. Of course until the enemy meltas it. But honestly my Monolith has done quite a lot of damage using its gauss weapons and the portal is the star piece of equipment. With the ability to automatically bring in a unit from reserves or port something in from the field, I just plop it close to an objective to get a scoring unit in when I need it.

I'd venture to guess the Lychguard are of the sword and shield variety. It makes sense if you want to keep Obyron safe. Unless you do vehicle hunting with them and use the scythes. I use the sword and shield guys for guard duty mostly. They keep my SC's safe.

The wolf's claw
07-27-2012, 08:12 AM
sounds positive, thanks!

i use the 5 man squad to sit the whole game out of sight and then zip through the monolith door towards the end to grab an objective or sit in enemy deployment zone. They dont do much but its nice to have.

the lychguard have warscythes cos theyre badass especially when combined with furious charge from zahndrekk! instant death and lose feel no pain for anything T4!
To keep them from dying i walk them directly behind the monolith, its like my own perfect cover and only use obyron's veil to teleport behind enemy tanks and warcythe their rear ends! (my mate likes to have a predator and defiler and vindicator so its fun to sit behind him with warcythes threatening to eat them)

zahndrekks squad sit back on a home objective and try to have as good los as possible for zahndrekks ability.

all the teleporting's great especially cos i need to be able to get away before i get stuck in horrible combats!

monolith and triarch stalker are my favourite units by far, so much fun to have really hard tanks that can destroy almost whatever they like!

Black Hydra
07-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Wow that's a lot of teleporting. The only reason I don't like the deepstriking is because of the potential errant scatter. It's probably better to deepstrike Nightscythes since if they go boom your guys go into reserves. But I don't do that either.

Also using the teleportation for vehicle hunting with the Lychguard is pretty cool. The only reason I don't take scythe guard is because they are just MEQ's at that point. And the armies I play against usually have a way to deal with them (IG and Tau).

Just get a second Stalker. Nothing sucks more than losing it before it gets to do its job.